User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MMF2 Bug I found today

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF2 Bug I found today

This Bug appears only in frame editor and sprite editor.

When drawing couple of frames, then clicking OK. The active dissapears from the frame and cannot be in anyway undone.

It's sometimes recreated and it's very annoying.

Version of MMF2 dev : 257.12
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BartekB View Post
    This Bug appears only in frame editor and sprite editor.

When drawing couple of frames, then clicking OK. The active dissapears from the frame and cannot be in anyway undone.

It's sometimes recreated and it's very annoying.

Version of MMF2 dev : 257.12
    Ah, yes, that bug. I was wondering when someone other than me was going to finally encounter it. I've found this one quite annoying. It really needs to get fixed (before MMF2.5 (because of how severe it is)).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How do we try to reproduce this?

Put an active object on a frame
    Open the picture/animation editor
    Make a couple new frames in the active object
    Click OK to close the picture/animation editor

Then sometimes it won't still exist on the frame?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    How do we try to reproduce this?

Put an active object on a frame
    Open the picture/animation editor
    Make a couple new frames in the active object
    Click OK to close the picture/animation editor

Then sometimes it won't still exist on the frame?
    I think the picture editor needs to be opened for long enough. Try making 32 unique directions for 3 animations (they can be solid-colored boxes to save time, but that's the best way I can think of re-creating the issue), for example (it doesn't have to be that much (unless they are just solid-colored boxes, then you might have to do around that much)). I know this one is going to take a while to find, so you might want to try making a game while you're at it (basically, insert an active object, make all of the animations that you plan on making for it, then click the OK button (make sure to export all the images first, just in case the issue happens)). I'm sorry that there isn't an easier way, but I can't think of anything else. It seems to only happen for objects that don't already have events, though (at least from my experience).

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    I think the picture editor needs to be opened for long enough. Try making 32 unique directions for 3 animations (they can be solid-colored boxes to save time, but that's the best way I can think of re-creating the issue), for example (it doesn't have to be that much (unless they are just solid-colored boxes, then you might have to do around that much)). I know this one is going to take a while to find, so you might want to try making a game while you're at it (basically, insert an active object, make all of the animations that you plan on making for it, then click the OK button (make sure to export all the images first, just in case the issue happens)). I'm sorry that there isn't an easier way, but I can't think of anything else. It seems to only happen for objects that don't already have events, though (at least from my experience).
    You don't have to make 32 directions, just couple of frames, 1 direction and one animation.

How to reproduce the bug:

Create an Active without any events

Open sprite/picture editor

make couple of frames (7, 8?) (you can doodle on them)

The sprite editor has to be opened quite long

click ok

After that, it should bug the active and make it dissapear

P.S My dad found this bug by accident, he was animating a fire, but when he clicked OK then the active was gone for some reason
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally the hotspot really far away?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally the hotspot really far away?
    Yes, since the object doesn't even show up in the object list, or the event editor. Also, un-doing the edit does nothing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Maybe I saw something similar? I drew eight or nine frames at 1024x1024 and then waited an hour before clicking Okay, and then the first frame was the default diamond while all the others were correct. On the other hand, I might've just forgotten to edit the first frame.
    Similar, yes, but not identical. This completely deletes the object, it doesn't even show up in the object list. It's very annoying when you've completed the entire animation set for an object only to have it deleted.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the dissapear bug, i think its the bug i once posted about, if that is its very easy to reproduce.

Place an active
    Draw a few frames or dont doesnt matter
    Play animation
    Press undo on your keyboard, instead of undoing what you drawned last on the object, it will undo the frame editor deleting the object...

I presume its most likely because the picture editor looses focus when playing the animation.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhunter View Post
    Oh, the dissapear bug, i think its the bug i once posted about, if that is its very easy to reproduce.

Place an active
    Draw a few frames or dont doesnt matter
    Play animation
    Press undo on your keyboard, instead of undoing what you drawned last on the object, it will undo the frame editor deleting the object...

I presume its most likely because the picture editor looses focus when playing the animation.
    Aha! That's gotta be it! I think that is exactly what the bug is! I'll check to make sure, but that sounds like the issue...

EDIT: Yes, it is the same bug, I've confirmed it! Jeff, you now have the steps needed to replicate the issue...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast