User Tag List

Thread: Good way to extract dialogue from INI++ to a template?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good way to extract dialogue from INI++ to a template?

Hey guys!

So I'm using INI to store my dialogue. I was planning to encrypt the INI file using INI++ object so players can't go changing the text etc.
    I'm looking a good way to extract the text from INI file in game, and call the text within the game.

What would be the best approach here? I was still hoping to call the dialogue with groups and items.

Thanks!

- Jesse

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can just call the groups and items like normal... Ini++ encrypts the file but it can still read it.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh I thought I have to take encryption away every time I read from INI.
    Thou I have set global event which is ALWAYS - Set encryption to: XXXXXX
    But I'm doing something wrong it seems, cause I still can open and read my .ini file like before.

Also by reading forums it seems INI++ encryption is bugged and causing crashes?

EDIT: Ok got little brainfart earlier. Anyway, I have set encryption but now I can't fetch the dialogue. Also the dialogue appears normal on harddrive.

EDIT2: Ah and things got weirder. I used blowfish to encrypt and decrypt. Tried in new application simply pressing "1" Set key and encrypt and pressing "2" set key and decrypt.
    Worked at first, but now it refuses to decrypt my file. O_O

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Sorry, I thought I'll rewrite my post because last one was a real mess with all billion edits.
    To cut it simple, does anyone know how to paste lots of text in "expression to calculate". I mean I can paste some of my dialogue there, but it seems to be limited. After certain point it wont allow me to add anymore text.
    I was hoping to store my dialogue inside the game this way, so I could avoid using .INI files and mess with encryption etc.