User Tag List

Thread: All Steps Required to Port an MMF2 Game to OUYA

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Steps Required to Port an MMF2 Game to OUYA

I created a blog post that shows ALL of the steps that you need to do to port your existing game to OUYA. This should demystify the process and save a lot of people from headaches in the future.

It doesn't say HOW to make the actual game, but if you want to use the OUYA mouse as your control device, you can follow this guide and start playing your application on OUYA.

http://confessionsofateenagegamedeve...lickteams.html

The guide's process begins at downloading the needed SDKs and ends at exporting the finished application. It also explains how to actually get your game onto the OUYA in the easiest possible way with FilePWN.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes filePWN is the best way to browse OUYA. But... the easiest way to transfer files to OUYA is

SwiFTP

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I could see that. FilePWN doesn't require many steps to configure, so I just recommended that. Personally, I don't want to mess with the FTP, but it's really up to the user. I will admit that taking your USB back and forth from your computer is annoying when you're trying to chase down a bug.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit confused about step 5 because i haven't ever done any keystore signing (or even actually know what that is :S) and my APK's run fine on my tablet and Ouya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    I'm a bit confused about step 5 because i haven't ever done any keystore signing (or even actually know what that is :S) and my APK's run fine on my tablet and Ouya.
    I think if you neglect to enter the keystore values, your APK from MMF2 will automatically be signed in "debug mode". This will allow you to run your application natively without a keystore, but when you try to release it commercially, it will not work.