User Tag List

Thread: Frequent Crash on Starting Game on OUYA

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Frequent Crash on Starting Game on OUYA

Well, I'm really stuck on this...

I need to run my application about 4 or 5 times before it finally stabilizes. When I launch the game in test mode, I see the title screen for about a quarter of a second and then it crashes. After I try for about 3-4 more times, it finally starts working and I don't have any problems.

I noticed that if I double click the U button to exit, when I return, the game is in the same state as if it was running and never turned off...

I have tried everything including removing all of my conditions except for a few "If user clicks within an area" ones. I am wondering if I forgot to check a box in the runtime? I have tried several different display options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

The game is 200+MB, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I have another really small game that doesn't have any problems...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I figured out what the problem was. I had an extension which wasn't active until very last frame as an object, so I didn't think it would effect the exe on startup, but I think it did. I also had a few commands that were strictly for PC in there, but again, they don't show up in the initial frames, so I assumed that couldn't be the issue.

Anyway, although it may seem obvious, you need to remove your non android extensions even if they aren't active because they will mess up your build anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always remove extensions that I won't use i the build.

To exit OUYA games properly you need to
    have an event for the ouya button:

on double tap ============= exit app.

Make sure you have OUYA object and every frame and you have an exit event.. in case the user exits the game buy holding the middle button (sysmte button)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, okay I didn't realize I had to build that in. One more thing to do for my 168 frames!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do it as a global event...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Do it as a global event...
    You know... I asked about something like global events before and I was told that there wasn't anything like that (didn't use the word "global event"). So, I'm happy that you told me, but crazy that I didn't know about it before!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Global Event = Public Class

or it could mean
    Android is taking over the world

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparckman View Post
    I always remove extensions that I won't use i the build.

To exit OUYA games properly you need to
    have an event for the ouya button:

on double tap ============= exit app.

Make sure you have OUYA object and every frame and you have an exit event.. in case the user exits the game buy holding the middle button (sysmte button)

This is completely true, although MMF compiles the game on Android, if you have extensions of other exporters the game simply won't work.

I for example am programming my last game Umi Force Unlimited for all systems and have the documented code which is for each platform. Compile for one of them erase the remaining code.

Here you can see some Umi Force Unlimited, which is working very well on all exporters including OUYA:

http://www.mediatechgames.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... I'm still having trouble running down my frequent crash issue. I'm wondering if it's because I'm installing the game from FilePWN and not running it through the OUYA system. I managed to generate one build that didn't have any crashes at start, but the applications often crash initially, but then have no problems for the subsequent runs...

I have removed all extensions as well as conditions and executions not available on Android, so... I guess I'll try and run it through OUYA testing to see if it's just crashing for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crashing issue was solved. post the test that is crashing on you. I'll test it out here and save the APK