User Tag List

Thread: Code Optimization.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code Optimization.

I have been developing a game for the last several months, and I am close to something I can announce and get people to help test it for me. Eventhough my code is working, I know it can be optimized for much better performance. Does anyone, professional (paid) or volunteer provide a service like this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put any fast loops inside groups and activate before running, deactivate after running.

Put your code into groups, deactivate code that is only required at certain times. The only lines that shouldn't start deactivated are the ones that need to be always functioning. For example, key presses/mouse clicks need to be detected at any time. Menus, inventory and specially abilities only need to be detected if they've first been activated by key presses/mouse clicks.

You might have trouble paying someone to optimise your code, few people would find it an easy task and the cost may be a lot higher than you're expecting. Also you'll gain more from optimising your own code than paying someone else to do it, it will make your next game a lot easier to manage. Chowden has a list of very few compatible extensions, if your game needs any other extensions it's not going to work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be a year later but thanks for the replies. I have tabled the game for a while, but jumped back into development as of a couple months ago. I fully plan on releasing this game as professional product, so I am willing to pay the right price for somebody who is capable of the task.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on what devices are you getting performance issues?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This website gave me a lot of informations about optimizing my games

https://stuartspixelgames.com/2014/0...r-fusion-game/

I put it there for people who will read this thread in order to find a way to potimize their games =)