User Tag List

Thread: iOS 7 Troubles

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS 7 Troubles

Several issues have arisen since iOS 7 launched. I've figured out how to deal with most of them, like new recommended icon sizes and the Display Status Bar issue, but now I am having a problem with the List Object.

Not many of the settings seems to have any impact. Most notably, I am unable to alter the font size of the List Object.

While this isn't too much of a problem for the iPad version of my app, the iPhone version is simply not usable unless I can change the font size.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did read something recently about iOS 7 changing how text is displayed which could affect all older apps (not just MMF2 made ones!)
    But would be nice to know that ClickTeam are on the case.

Just about to upgrade to iOS 7 myself, just upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion today, downloading Xcode 5 tonight, then I can update one of my devices!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaklar View Post
    Several issues have arisen since iOS 7 launched. I've figured out how to deal with most of them, like new recommended icon sizes and the Display Status Bar issue, but now I am having a problem with the List Object.

Not many of the settings seems to have any impact. Most notably, I am unable to alter the font size of the List Object.

While this isn't too much of a problem for the iPad version of my app, the iPhone version is simply not usable unless I can change the font size.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks!
    Everything that has been reported is true and I added the Date&Time object, this already report it the bugbox.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed already. But, I'm having trouble getting the app to read from an .ini file. I added the .ini file through Xcode. Ran the app, it doesn't read anything from the file I put in.

However, if I create the .ini file with events, it has no problems reading/writing to it.

I have no idea if that makes any sense the way I explained it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you fix the status bar issue? i want to get rid of it

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I submitted the status bar bug and according to Anders it's resolved for the next release. Meanwhile though there is a thread here somewhere on removing it manually.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWarewolf View Post
    how do you fix the status bar issue? i want to get rid of it
    SW, you can eliminate it via XCODE 5's Info>Custom IOS Target Properties>View controller-based status bar appearance = NO and
    Info>Custom IOS Target Properties>Status bar is initially hiddin = YES

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thank you Tuna, i'll check that out
    as for the list object, i would have made it custom designed, similiar to this: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/78673-Smooth-slider-menu

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuna: thanks for the help on the status bar issue. My current update almost passed bug testing then someone noticed the status bar poking out on iphone5's with iOS7. I guess they had been testing on ipads with iOS7 and the status bar text was hidden in the letterbox borders.

I also wanted to add that you need to add the "View controller-based status bar appearance" property to the info tab list. It seems very stupid that Apple makes that ON and doesn't include it in the list by default.

Cheers,

Reg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're absolutely right... good catch, my apologies for neglecting that point.

I've also been reading in several forums that this:

- (BOOL)prefersStatusBarHidden { return YES; }

would be the most effective (or possibly efficient) way to hide that status bar without regard to how (View controller-based status bar appearance) is set in the plist. I don't really know if any of us clickers would ever want to dynamically hide/show that status bar or not (i sure don't see a need for it within the stuff i'm doing), but if we could have control of this via run time it might be helpful to someone.