User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Array Level Builder (variation on my old editor that used ini)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Array Level Builder (variation on my old editor that used ini)

This is a modification to my level builder located here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/80833-Level-editor-that-uses-MMF2-s-own-frame-editor

I simply overhauled it to use an array instead of the ini object. Other than that it's exactly the same. Array is probably more efficient (and maybe faster) than the ini, is also supported by all runtimes like the ini, and doesn't need any extra encryption added.

Edit: Re-uploaded because I forgot to remove the unused ini object. lol. Also, another thing to note, you could alter it to save/load the file via a selector instead of using the file name string in the paste object's values. Another benefit of the array object over ini. I just left the saving/loading via the string name so you don't have to open the dialog every time you adjust something, not to mention that if you're importing the loading frame into your game, you're not going to want to use the selector anyway.

I just noticed I didn't include apppath$ in the saving/loading portion so I re-uploaded that change. It still saves in the local directory with just the file name but I've been told in the past you should always add apppath$ + the file name so I went ahead and fixed that.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works like a charm!

Thank you.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your talents Shawn.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What great applications this could have!

Thank you very much.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, you all are welcome! One of the reasons I got around to posting the array example is that loglady brought to my attention an issue with the ini taking forever to save on a larger level. I figured it probably had to do with how the ini works, so I whipped up the array example. If this fixes the issues loglady was having, I'd say the old ini example is obsolete and shouldn't be used. The array is easier to use than having to set items and groups in an ini anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Shawn,
    I wii be using your editor in my platform game. I will probably use this one instead of the ini.
    If I ever get to the point of implementing it into my game I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanx again for taking the time to make this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Np! Let me know how it goes and if the performance is good!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did implement this array update and it does load faster than before. Now levels compile and load instantly and I've doubled the size of on frame with zero slow down. Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! That is great to hear!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when I want to change frames using your system, say by having the character go through a door, I'm doing that by restarting the loading frame with a new level. Is that the best strategy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast