Thread: Does/Is this supposed to work?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does/Is this supposed to work?

Hey Everyone,

I don't want to act like I'm being ignorant or naive here. I am assuming (for ease-of-use purposes) that this MFA should work.

I have tried with both 1 active-physics background and one standard backdrop and yet check out what happens when you hit F8. This is odd because I even set the balls movement 'Move At Start' to NO yet it still ends up flying upwards.

Am I going insane here

pinball.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem is that your obstacle is too complex - it needs to be a concave shape, eg circle, rectangle, triangle.
    What I think is happening is the ball and the obstacle object are trying to occupy the same space and so the ball flies off.
    Drag your obstacle active lower down so it doesn't overlap the ball at the start and it should work (although it will treat it as a big rectangle!).
    Try splitting up your obstacle into smaller, concave shapes.

Of course I could be wrong and it's a bug!

I've tinkered with your example, but getting some unexpected results when the Ball has Auto Rotations turned on!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D'oh! I hadn't set the centre of gravity to the centre of the ball, so that explains the odd movement whne Auto-rotate is on - although it makes me think the movement isn't right when Auto-rotate is off now!!!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey Kevin,

Yes, surely is odd. If you take off Auto-Rotate you get a different kind of action. So does one have to assume it's no good trying to place an Active in the centre of a surrounding backdrop with transparency? So basically it's treating the backdrop as one boxed image/mask?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to set the Hot spot to the centre of gravity for your object (try the new G button!), then they work the same - perhaps Auto rotate physics movement option assumes an average C of G if not specified (since it doesn't rotate anyway?)

Yes - looking through the documentation (search for box2d and select Shapes and Collisions) it explains that objects have to be convex (so no dents or holes) and it only has 8 points to make up the shape for collisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a better example with 2 balls and some simple backdrop obstacles
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yup got it, cheers. I already tried the point of gravity but it was the convex issue I wasn't aware of.