User Tag List

Thread: WIP game - Galactic Battle

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIP game - Galactic Battle

I've been working on a space shooting game for a while, and I've decided to show everyone here an early look at it. I've made a game play video of it:

I'd appreciate feedback. Also, there is one feature that I didn't showcase, but that's for another day, once the game is further along in development.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty good so far.

A few suggestions:
    If you make the players ship smaller, you will have more screen space and more maneuvering room. You'll probably be able to react to enemies a little faster too.
    Also, the explosions would probably look better if you set them to use the "Add" effect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Looks pretty good so far.

A few suggestions:
    If you make the players ship smaller, you will have more screen space and more maneuvering room. You'll probably be able to react to enemies a little faster too.
    Also, the explosions would probably look better if you set them to use the "Add" effect.
    Hm. Instead of making the player's ship smaller, I could probably just make the window size a little bigger. Also, I've added a minimap since then, which means I probably don't need to do that anyway. I didn't even consider adding any effect to the explosions, even less the "add" effect. I'll give it a try and see how good it looks.

EDIT: You're right, the explosions look great with the add effect.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anybody wants to help beta/alpha-test this, let me know via PM, since I need some testers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is from a really long while ago but just wondered if you had made any progress with it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, definitely made some progress since I last gave you guys an update. My focus has been Quadratic Attack 3D, Adventure of the Star Twins, 404: Past Not Found, and War for Robovania, however, so it's been rather slow going. With Quadratic Attack 3D finished, though, and a major update heading to Adventure of the Star Twins soon, and with War for Robovania being so close to done, I may just switch development over to this for a little while once the new Adventure of the Star Twins update is done.

EDIT: Also, there's a new thread. Let me grab the link...

EDIT 2: The game is now called Echobyte Heroes, and the thread can be found here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/97206-Echobyte-Heroes-Galactic-Battle-has-a-new-name!

There's an alpha build available, if you want to give it a go, but be warned that I've made a bit of progress with various tweaks and such since then, so it's not quite as good as the next version will be. Also note that the next version will likely be on GameJolt, whenever it ends up being ready for release.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear that you have made more progress on it, one thing I did notice on Echobyte is multiple frames as opposed to one giant scrollable level, is that still the case since the updates? If so what made you choose to do different frames?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, despite the fact that the game is split into levels, and despite the fact that each level is split into waves, it was always handled as one frame for the gameplay. The idea is that this is an arcade-style space shooter, not some super-massive open world game (though the engine could probably handle that, now that I think about it), hence the game being split into levels like it is. That being said, though, the game's resolution was bumped up slightly, and it always has had some amount of scrolling in it. Also, I cannot stress enough how much better the control of the game is, because it was massively improved.