User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Invalid app UUID was provided (2005) on OUYA

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invalid app UUID was provided (2005) on OUYA

Invalid app UUID was provided (2005) on OUYA

I have been struggling with this error message for weeks and I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know what exactly would cause this? I'm sure that my developer id is correct. OUYA said that it was probably a naming issue, but I don't think so. When I try to download the game which I uploaded to the OUYA store, the download fails and displays the error message. Then it tries to download it again.

Sometimes it succeeds, though.

Sparckman looked at it was well and didn't see anything weird, so could this actually be a problem with my keystore?

Also, I'm on 258.2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I'm officially stuck with this. The OUYA people said:

Check out the MMF sections in the forums. The community appears to be taking off there. The garbled android manifest you saw is probably in the APK and you want to see if before compiling.

Invalid UUID is related to you need to set your signing key and package name has to match with the game you've created in the developer portal.

I'd have advice but I haven't created a MMF example with in-app-purchases yet...

Thanks,

~Tim Graupmann

Is there something in my signing key that I should check, or does the name of it just need to match the game? I'm going to check it just to see what's in there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be just like the android app, do you have the file you are trying to upload?
    Post the mfx file.

let's have a look

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I will PM you.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi,

this is something related in the way you signed your apk.

just a hunch, does your alias name or key name bigger than 8 characters?, if so that could be the problem since only the first 8 are recognized.

also your package name of course are the same right?, in com.xxxx.yyyy format right? in lowercase always.

are you using the key signing application made by Danny?, you should.

so what you need to do is a new key certificate with a new alias and package your application with it, not debug, in release and upload to ouya to obtain you UUID and your ".cer" rename as ".der" because extension conflict.

this is what i see from the email that you receive from OUYA, nothing to do so far with the object.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did shorten the name of my keystore file, but it didn't work. I'm already doing all of the other things, but I did try creating and using my own keystore manually after using Danny's tool initially.

There's also another person on the OUYA forums using MMF2 that is having the same issue as me.

I think I may try removing my game from the portal and creating a brand new one just to see if any old information is lingering anywhere.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    is not the keystore, is the keyname or alias which need to be 8 chars or lower, you can do a new keystore and add the alias you want.

in the meanwhile delete you app from ouya and after build upload and ask for the UUID and your cer, this should be added in the data elements as binary data.

maybe your java sdk is not correctly installed in your PC and is signing incorrectly. (fully uninstall and reinstall again)

Have you, using your actual installation uploaded any apks to google play store successfully?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried uploading to Google Play because I'm not really interested in that. The keystore has always been seven characters, so... I'll try uninstalling Java and reinstalling it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I uninstalled and reinstalled Java.
    Didn't work.
    I unchecked release mode to see if I would get the same error in debug mode, and I did.
    I'm wondering if there is a version control issue with the keystore, but I don't really think so. The only thing that makes me think that is after I removed the game from the "Play" area, "remove" still showed up as an option in the "Make" area.

I'm going to look through the Android manifest and see if anything looks weird, but for now, I am going to have to give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I looked through the Android manifest in Eclipse, but it was still pretty garbled. The only thing that I thought may have been an issue was a missing quotation mark at the end of "com.xxxx.yyyy.main". But I'm not sure because some characters were weird. Not sure why google ads are in the manifest for a OUYA build.

So, yeah. I give up. Maybe other people will start having the problem when more people try to upload to OUYA.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast