Question about hiring somebody to do music for your game

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hello guys, I had a weird question (maybe) about hiring somebody to create some music for your game. The question is: How do you prove the guy/girl actually made the music themselves and didn't just rip it from somewhere else on the web? I mean the internet's a pretty huge place afterall and there must be millions of pre-existing tunes out there and nobdy could have heard them all, right?

I ask because I might be in the market for a musician to create some NES-era chiptune sounding .ogg files for my WIP, "Weebish Mines", but I want a way to be sure I'm not paying for something that's been taken from something else.

Also, any idea how much a legit guy might charge for 10-12 songs in that style?

Here's my devlog entry for the game: Please login to see this link.

I've never had outside help for graphics or music for my game before- and the songs I have in there now aren't terrible IMO, but I really want them to be fantastic if possible.

Thank you

Weebish Mines, my retro Metroidvania!
    Please login to see this link.

• I have been extremely fortunate in the department of musicians, I've always been able to find great musicians who work for free. It makes me a bit uncomfortable that I can't pay them at this point, but it happens. But, I have never had an issue with a musician that has ripped tracks, I didn't realize that was a thing, unless the musician you're hiring is Vanilla Ice. The irony of the situation is that I'm a musician myself, and these people have sought me out. The only reason I work with them is because that's one less headache I have to deal with, and I know they do great work.

Your game looks adorable. My project is currently giving me a lot of design headaches, I don't suppose you'd be willing to let me give the music a go. If you like it, you can use it, if not, I can see about sending some of my contacts your way.

• Yeah, that'd be great! I have a request to use some pre-existing songs on the FMA for one artist but haven't heard back from him yet. Plus it'd kind of be better to have songs written specifically for the game if possible. I'll send you a PM in a few, thanks Chloe.

Weebish Mines, my retro Metroidvania!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!