User Tag List

Thread: MMF2 Webpage Help!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF2 Webpage Help!

Hello! I have a bit of a problem on my hands, as far as i know without the SWF plugin the only other option to upload you games online is the built in internet application build type which will produce a .ccn file. So i want to know either. 1. how to upload my .ccn file to my website and allow people to play it without installing the vitalize plugin. OR 2. Any other alternatives that will work. Thanks in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, people will need the Vitalize plugin to play Vitalize games. Also, the only alternative isn't good (java), and it requires you have the latest version of MMF2 (which you can download right here on the forums (you can even download beta versions if you register your copy of MMF2 under your profile settings)). The problem with java is that it isn't safe to use the web version anymore, since it has some fatal exploits that basically means you have high odds of getting your computer hacked if you have the web version of it enabled, last I heard. That basically leaves you with the flash runtime, which will cost some money. However, there are technically ways to make money with Flash, such as Flash sponsorship and ads.

Also, MMF2.5 will be released soon (don't worry, if you purchased MMF2 recently (like within the last month or two or three or four or five or so (I don't know the specifics, but if you just bought MMF2, you should be fine)), since Clickteam is going to give the full version of MMF2.5 to people for free for those who purchased MMF2 recently), which will have a free (but limited) version with an HTML5 exporter (and it will have an HTML5 exporter available separately in the paid version (if I remember correctly, it might come with it)), which might be enough for you (again, it will have limits, but it should at least let you test it to see how well it works).

Other than those options, I can't really think of anything else, though, then again, there are literally only a handful of commonly-used browser plugins that are anything like Flash (basically, Flash itself (most common), Java (less common, and it has critically fatal security issues), and Silverlight (by Microsoft (I don't know whether Java or Silverlight is more common for people to have, BTW, and I don't know how secure Silverlight is, either))). Then there is HTML5, which is also similar to Flash (but it isn't a browser plugin). That's it when it comes to the most-common Flash alternatives, and MMF2 supports most of them (it doesn't support Silverlight, though, but, then again, I don't think very many people have it (but I'm not sure)).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot! sucks that i have to wait for MMF2.5 but i guess we can't all get what we want :P.Also, do you know what happened to the gamebuilder.info site? i remember being able to upload games to there a while back.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gamebuilder.info site is no more.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm