User Tag List

Thread: Best devices do test

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best devices do test

Anyone knows the best devices to teste your game or app?

So you know that will work in all devices.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't such a device. Even some of the lowest-end ones won't confirm it works on every device, there will always be a worse device than the one you choose to use for testing. Android is too varied for that to be possible. Games can't even work reasonably at all on any Android devices without a GPU, though, so make sure that your app requires one (under application settings). It will only rule out a select few devices, so don't worry about people who have them. Those devices can hardly process 400.1/3.976582 because of how low-end they are (I'm trying to add on enough decimals that I can avoid exaggerating (at least some (it might be exaggerating some, though))), so don't worry about supporting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Happygreenfrog , so the minimum version that i should set in the preferences of the application would be
    minimum android version : 3.0 ? or that doesnt make any difference?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes all the difference. It sets the minimum version of Android that people will have to have in order to use your app. The target version is more important, though. From the sounds of things, Clickteam has noticed a big performance boost when setting the target version higher. You might need the latest beta version of the Android runtime to set the target version, though I'm not 100% sure (even if you don't, the latest beta versions have fixed some critical bugs, so you should download it anyway).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean the android exporter it self right?

And how do exactly this would help defining the target version?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It builds with a newer, better version of the Android SDK if you change the target version, which, according to the latest beta versions of the Android exporter's patch notes, make it run faster (if I remember correctly). I was indeed referring to the Android exporter when I said the latest beta version. Downloading the latest beta version of MMF2 should do the trick, though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm so why would one not always set the target device to the highest setting?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might cause worse performance on devices that don't have the target version of Android that your app has been set to, though I'm not sure if that is the case (someone who knows more about the Android runtime could probably answer it better).