User Tag List

Thread: Help with AdMob Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help with AdMob Object

I am trying to get AdMob ads to work with the AdMob Object. I have tried to build the example file for it in the example folder in the mmf directory (link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...st%20AdMob.mfa )

The example works very well, but if I go into the example and swap out the testing id to my own admob id I just get an error message when trying to show the ads in the test: "Error Ad: Invalid Ad request".
    Do anyone know what is wrong? The default test id in the object is: a14f61454e90b10. I put in my Publisher ID: pub-816447427264XXXX instead, but without the pub- so only: 816447427264XXXX

Do anyone know how to fix this? I have not tried the inbuilt admob option yet, because it seems you cant customize that in any way? Like adjust settings for ad size?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind, I got it to work

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have another related question though about the Admob Object. In the example file an event is called to destroy the ad before going to the next frame, is this necessary?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    yes, in this case you should destroy the ads, just to be strict, but the object does for you when jumping to another frame or is destroyed. this practice will not affect in any way your impressions in the admob dashboard.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm FVivolo I am not sure I understood this right but are you saying I should destroy the ads, but at the same time it does not matter if I destroy them or not?..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    oh, sorry i not explain correct.

when object is destroyed which happens by action(request) or jumping to another frame the object is destroyed and of course the ad is remove it.

but always a good practice that you destroy the ads in your code, is just a way to keep your coding in good shape.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks, but that does not make any sense Why add an event that has no effect, i dont see how it makes the code in better shape.. unless i am missing something :P

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    sorry, i think you don┤t understand the concept.

destroy ads works in banner, interstitial and others ads model so in in certain mode you need to show the ad for short time and after you destroy them, after that continue with your games/application.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo