User Tag List

Thread: Picklevania (single-screen metroidvania with lighting effects)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picklevania (single-screen metroidvania with lighting effects)

Hi all,

Just thought you might like to check out our MMF2-made Indie Speed Run entry. I think it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself :] Chock another one up to the amazing rapid-prototyping power of MMF2.

Picklevania is an atmospheric single-screen metroidvania. For every power you get, you'll also get a "phobia," an added vulnerability to enemies on the map.

You are Remi, waking up in a strange cave after a hard night of partying with your cave friends. Upon waking, you are cold, lost, alone, shirtless, hungry, and bit paranoid. Get outta this cave!

The lighting effect was achieved using the Surface object. I had trouble controlling the alpha of the Surface object, so I simply had two Surfaces, one totally opaque and one at 50% opacity. To get the wavy effect I used Sphax's "under water" shader.

If you could click the link and rate us 5 stars it'd really help us out in the competition! Also if you have any questions about the game (how it was made, etc.) feel free to ask.

---Sebastian

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been able to play it yet, but based in the screenshots, looks pretty cool. I left you a few 5 stars.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some design flaws (like 2 level gaps where our character doesn't have a double jump and we can't die in them :<) but otherwise it's really nice entry!

Just wanted to correct myself that it is possible teleport into wall as well as block in double gap (left corner) but other wise game is playable playtrough took me 17m 33s. Pitty that it doesn't count deaths on individual phobias or graph of order of their collections.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!! I know there are a few bugs with the level design, was hardly any time to playtest during the gamejam. Keeping track of statistics is an interesting idea.