User Tag List

Thread: How hard is it to translate an API to mmf?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How hard is it to translate an API to mmf?

I am always a little afraid when dealing with publishers or sponsors that they need some API to be integrated in the game that is not yet supported by Mmf and that just this thing will cause trouble on completing a deal. I am wondering, is it possible to translate all kinds of flash or mobile api:s to mmf? And who on the forums should you ask if you need one translated? How complicated is it, how time consuming? (Most publisher want some api that handles highscore or achievements).
    Have other have experience with requesting these things? Are there any usual fees for doing this? How hard is it to do yourself, and what do you need to do it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have asked Stephen for help several times around here and I got what I needed. Yes, you should offer a fee as this is something you need to earn some cash so it's fair. :p

It's hard to do it yourself as the documentation is really bad, there are no good tutorials. I gave it a shot once and I got nowhere. You would need to be very good at AS3 and know your way around MMF extension development which seems to be a bit tricky.

Anyone with experience developing Flash extensions could help you out, most APIs are not very complicated.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oruga: Thanks for info!, I will have to do that How much is the fee usually? Also is there some place where these api translations are found? It would be good if they where posted somewhere after they are done so other people could use them to, and not have it so that someone does an api translation twice :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones I got are for Gazo and GameShed let me know if they are of any use to you. I think they are not posted anywhere because their API's aren't public. But I agree they should be listed somewhere and sent upon request.