Thread: Package name

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Package name

Hi!

In the "android options" menu there is an alternative that says "Package name"... What should I write there?

It seems like every app has some kind of unique id that is bound to that 'package name'..

Thanks..

John

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set the package name to be something like "com.<put your company name here>.<put your game/app name here>" (without the quotes). Note that you shouldn't use spaces.

If I were to release a game called "Super game LITE", and my company name were "AwesomeDev LLC", then the package name would be "com.awesomedevllc.supergamelite" (without the quotes).

Of course, for longer game names, or for longer developer names, you can abbreviate the name of the game, or the name of the developer. For example, if your game is called "Big electric zappy train game LITE", and your company name was "Really super awesome epic developer, LLC", then the package name could be abbreviated to "com.superawesomeepicdev.beztgamelite" (without the quotes).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright thanks.. Another question(if it's ok?).. Google play wants the app to be in release mode.. Now mmf2 is asking for some kind of "keystore name".. I have no idea about what that is and can't find any good guide

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way to get a keystore generated is to use this tool that was made with MMF2: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/80249-KeyStore-Generator-Tool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.. I managed to do this without any additional tools.. However I'll save your link for my next app.. This was really awkward..