User Tag List

Thread: How do you get people to buy your app?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do you get people to buy your app?

Hi!

I've recently finished my first app and it's on google play. Like many people told me it was easy to get there but hard to make money on it. I decided to set the price to a dollar and went to bed hoping to have at least some purchases when I was going to wake up in the morning. Nothing. The next day, same thing. I showed the app to my friends and relatives and they were happy for me but they didn't actually download it! I started to make some "hidden advertising" in some forums but most of the times I turned out to be discovered.
    I started googleling the question and most answers included buying expensive ads and such stuff.. Then I got the idea to lower the price to zero and then raise it when I had some downloads but it wasn't possible either..
    How do I get people to see my app?? I'ts a good app I know that if they see it they will download it, at least some.. I know someone started a similar thread before but I can't find it..

John

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Now I don't know if you've done any of the following but here goes:
    You could create a press kit (screenshots, description, website link and video link) and send it to relevant gaming and review sites. Having a website with info about the game and a video you can show is very important. Reviewers will often just take a look at videos of gameplay or trailers before bothering to download the game even if it's free. For a paid app sending promo codes is also a good idea. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes the review sites are the key to getting an app noticed.

Its tough for small guys to get noticed in the app stores but if you have a good solid game putting together a press kit and bothering review sites is a great low cost idea.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess all these are true!Me too, I am not even having my friends downloading it !!!! hahaha

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it an app or game?
    I've got a paid version and a free version of my app. Paid is 0.99 cents, without ads and some more features. Free version has ads, less features.

I found posting on forums that relate to your app helps ALOT, As the people that frequents these forums are going to be interested in what you're offering.
    My app has been on for nearly two weeks now for me, only have had 5 purchases of full version, and 285 installs of free version. Though I'm getting about 15 installs per day, everyday for free version which is good and the app is only for people of a specific state in Australia, so really limiting my audience.
    I make more money from the Ads in the free version, than i do from people buying the paid.

My advice, from my very limited experience is:
    *Post on forums that relate to your app. Don't post a link to your app straight away, nobody is going to click on it when they see post count is 1. Instead help people out on the forums and post a good 15+ comments/replies before you post a thread about your app you've created.
    *Offer a free version, that has ads and less features (though still enough features to separate it from the competition, and enough to have people using it on a regular basis)
    *Offer a paid version, no ads, more features (entices people already using the free version, if they like the free version and the paid has a feature theyd like, they'll buy it)

These are the most helpful things i've found, posting on forums that relate to my app, helped me get a) alot more installs and b) alot of good feedback on features that users want, which i implemented quickly. The users then see that you're making an app for them, and they're more likely to purchase/install your app if they see the developer is listening to what the consumer wants.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright now I've changed the price to free and still no downloads.. I have made some hidden advertising in some forums but it doesn't really work(my forum-karma must be really low now).. My app must be giving a really bad impression or nobody sees it.. Do you know any review site where you can apply for a review? I don't get what I've done wrong..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by hidden advertising? did you just put a link in your forum signature or something?

I'd go onto the forums that relate to your app, Join, make a good helpful 15+ posts.
    Then start a new topic in the relevant sub-forum of the forum, and post a link to your app.
    Tell them its your first app and you'd like to see what they think/get feedback.

This is a great way to get feedback for implementations or improvements of your app, you'll either hear "WOW THIS IS AMAZING" or "yeh this isn't bad, but i really wish you had this this and this" or "app x,y,z is wayyyy better than this"

Either way its the best place to get honest feedback, from the people who will be actually using this type of app and know what they want.

My only form of "advertising" has been this, I did this on about 3 forums, not particularly big forums by any means and it has helped me alot. eg. today i got 33 more installs!

As far as advertising, not sure. I did get contacted by app-eggs www.appeggs.com
    But it isn't free! lol