User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Android New Dialog Control dialog text looks small

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again, thank you for the quick reply.

Here attached is the MFA used for the previous APK in my last post.
    TestDialog.mfa

Most of the settings were left at the defaults, and it's the same with my other project. Dialogs I generally set to Best Width and centered.

Also, here are the screenshots from the APK from your last post on the problematic device:
    Screenshot_2014-02-10-14-33-25.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-10-14-33-34.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry what version of fusion exporter are you using?

Those joystick drawing are too big.

Look something in your device, they have a dpi of 160 for each axis and for overall they use 240, am i correct? that is strange but depends on the OS, is this stock?

did you change this value inside build.prop?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the 2.5 version of the Android Exporter, Fusion 2.5 Build 281.2. (This thread is that old it's in the wrong section)

As far as I'm aware, this isn't the stock OS (it originally ran 2.3, with sequential updates to 2.3.6) and in the last couple of years [manually] flashed to an 'official' Samsung 4.1.2 ROM for this device. No other app has ever had notable difficulties with DPI or dialogs, so I'm confused why it's become an issue with Fusion's APKs.

I haven't touched build.prop, should I try changing the DPI manually?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a look at the specifications of it's predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy S, which has the same dimensions for the screen, but has a DPI at 224dpi. I did a bit of experimenting with changing the DPI with build.prop:

224dpi (Predecessor's DPI) -- Appears to be match the rest of the system's font size, but overall system text is much smaller.
    235dpi -- Appears to be match the rest of the system's font size, but overall text is slightly smaller.
    240dpi (Default) -- Smaller then system's font size as known already.
    245dpi -- Starting to get a bit noticeably readable, but some apps crash*
    250dpi -- Better, clearly readable however many apps crash then usual*
    255dpi -- Better, clearly readable however many apps crash then usual*
    260dpi -- Better, clearly readable however many apps crash then usual*

* Crashes include the Samsung Keyboard and the Messaging app and such which makes this infeasible for a production phone.

I'm starting to think, and will make assumptions that: this phone has been designed at 240dpi for a reason, and that the New Android Dialog Object doesn't follow the same programming principles that other UI elements do, likewise with the previous extension (which as I say, hasn't outputted text as small as this.)

Is there something I should know how the 'new' object works and produces dialogs? Can I trust this extension with other devices that are similar...? Could there be an option to make dialog object use the system's default font properties?

... I say this because I changed the font size to HUGE to see how the dialogs respond. The screenshots show that the dialog with HUGE font is better, but still smaller then expected at 240dpi.

Screenshots set with Huge font:
    Screenshot_2014-02-10-17-34-49.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-10-17-34-52.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    please take a look of the dpi from axis and the dpi for overall, they are not even closer, normally, these values are close and not so different, unless this is a different android code.

the dialog are made using the alertdialog builder as normal, do you have problem with the other dialog available in the object?.

you did the test to bigger values, but, did you try 160 to 180? which should be normal values for this device.

the joystick is too big, thsi is because your device is not original android and the dpi values is not correct to the size

let me know your results
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time I checked, the agreement dialog was the only dialog that displayed correctly, the other dialogs display small text. And of course, all other apps, system dialogs and other extension display dialogs properly.

Here's the results along with a screenshot:
    160dpi -- Definitely not designed for this, the entire display is tiny! The lock screen did change to a laggy "ripple" effect usually seen on Samsung Galaxy S3 phones. Old & New dialog fonts appear to look similar.
    180dpi -- Again, it isn't designed for this, very small! The lock screen was also a "ripple" effect like the latter.
    240dpi (Default)
    300dpi -- I tried a much larger DPI as a test. Anything larger then 240dpi crashes with Samsung apps, which is a problem, but I got a screenshot anyway.

As I say, this is an official 4.1.2 ROM for this device (I9070P), but was manually flashed. I don't personally believe it's the DPI setting (240dpi) that's the problem.

About the joystick... I have built a game quite a long time ago (in MMF2 -- before the new dialog extension was around) and the joystick was of the correct size at the bottom... the only exception was that that game was in full screen (no status bars present) on this device ... No idea why the APK you provided sizes the joysticks as large as this.

I've attached an image that contains all the screenshots from the tested DPIs.
    I9070P_DPI_Comparison.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    because now the size of the joystick correctly depends on the size of the screen, so if the device have a screen lower than 5 inches it will draw it half inch and if bigger one inch. aprox.

and that works correct in all device so far including samsung.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we can resolve this. I'm now using a Samsung Galaxy S2 as my daily driver and this exact same problem still happens!

I borrowed an Samsung Galaxy S3 as a third device to test and the dialog has a smaller font too.

So I have come to the conclusion this definitely is not a device specific issue but rather I disagree with how this extension produces the font/size of these dialogs. As I say, this only occurs with the New Dialog Android Control Object and it's not what I expect, nor from any app on Android for that matter. As the text is smaller then the system's font, I do not see this as ideal for mobile users.

This isn't consistent with other Android or System apps, like so:

Dialog 1 vs Dialog 2:
    AndroidDialogsCompare.jpg

Comparing with some other system apps:
    AndroidDialogsExample.jpg

If this isn't supposed to be like this, perhaps this was an Android SDK issue all this time? Here's the APK and source, if you wish to check that's the case:
    APK: CompareDialogs.apk.zip
    Source: CompareDialogs.mfa

In the case where it was designed intentionally like this, I will request on the feature tracker for having the ability to specify the font size for the dialogs... which should fix the problem for good... but I will wait for your reply first.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what version of android exporter you are using?

and please since you have fusion post this question in the android exporter subforum inside fusion
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the latest stable build of Fusion 2.5, which is build 281.2.

The thread continues here, seeing as this issue is over 5 months old (past Fusion 2.5's release) and has yet to be resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2