[PAID] wav to mp3 conversion extension

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Sorry, thought I subscribed to my own thread but it turns out I hadn't! I didn't see your response.

I'm not very familiar with use of the python extension. That said, I'm not opposed to it unless there's a reason to be...

• You'll need a little bit of external things, but it's pretty easy.

You need two things :
    + ffmpeg which is needed for mp3 - Choose the static version.
    -> Please login to see this link.
    + pydub, a python library created by James Robert under MIT License.
    -> Please login to see this link.

1. Put the content of the ffmpeg folder in e.g. C:/ffmpeg folder - You'll have to distribute it when you'll distribute your program.
    2. Put the pydub folder into the ..MMF2Path/Data/Runtime/Pyton27.zip
    3. You need to declare ffmpeg in the Windows PATH variable :
    + Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced > Environment variables
    + Add your ffmpeg/bin folder in the PATH variable - PATHS are separated by ; - e.g. C:/python27;C:/ffmpeg/bin
    + Confirm.
    note. When you'll distribute your application, I asked Please login to see this link. the question but I didn't try it. I found Please login to see this link. also, if you have Install Creator.

OK, you have everything you need to convert wav to mp3 now. Then, you will need to run a script in MMF.
    4. In MMF, add the python object and, when you need to convert test.wav file to test.mp3 (both are placed in your application folder, but you can set what you want), just run this code :

Code
    [COLOR='#800080']from [/COLOR]pydub [COLOR='#800080']import [/COLOR]AudioSegment

song = [COLOR='#3399cc']AudioSegment.from_wav[/COLOR]([COLOR='#cccc00']"test.wav"[/COLOR])
    [COLOR='#3399cc']song.export([/COLOR][COLOR='#cccc00']"test.mp3"[/COLOR], [COLOR='#cc6600']format[/COLOR]=[COLOR='#cccc00']"mp3"[/COLOR][COLOR='#3399cc'])[/COLOR]

Please login to see this link. is some examples which use pydub.
    And because I'm a nice guy, I've uploaded a Please login to see this link..
    edit. I forgot to mention that the ffmpeg in the the pack is the 64bit static version !

Hopefully it'll help you, and others.

• There's an ActiveX called Audio Convertor ActiveX Lite (Please login to see this link.). The price for a single developer is $119. I installed it and checked MMF2 Dev. It shows up in the list when you add the ActiveX object to your project. While LAME could be an option, it's to get it to work with MMF. The lame_enc.dlls that I have found will not register as an ActiveX. Therefore you'd have to use an actual language (e.g. Pytho, .NET, etc) to talk with the properly compiled lame_enc.dll. I have seen a couple attempts of a Lame ActiveX (LAMEX and LAMECOM) but those projects appear to have been abandoned.

Please login to see this link.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!