User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP: Untitled Sci-Fi/Zombie Action-RTS [iOS, PC, Other]

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIP: Untitled Sci-Fi/Zombie Action-RTS [iOS, PC, Other]

Very early screenshot, would be happy to accept any feedback.

On display here is the basic engine which loads a level from an array and uses a total of 80 actives for the 3D effect (4 actives per building). Uses "voxel 3D" tech from an example by Shab (http://www.castles-of-britain.com/voxelgraphics.mfa) as well as an infinite tile scrolling concept (no fastloops!) by AssaultAndy/Netninja (link forgotten). It supports infinitely large levels and is optimised to work smoothly even on iPhone 3GS.

I'm keeping the gameplay details under wraps at the moment but more info to come!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how well TGF Voxel will work in it as climate wise and tech wise. Any test vids?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fano what do you mean by 'climate wise'? I'm overseas at the moment but as soon as I get back I'll put up a video.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Mac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks smart, hope to hear more soon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATM it looks like each building will be built from few layers, so when you move camera, there are no walls on side - I wonder how that builds up to the theme of the game in gameplay/video wise.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Zem, I'll keep updating this thread.

Fano, in my current tests iPhone 3GS can only do 4 layers per building while ipad 4 retina can do 8. Of course PC can do 16 (or more!) which looks fantastic as the edges are very smooth and the buildings can appear taller. I think this is a sacrifice worth making for lower end mobile devices but of course this is up to anyone to decide. Personally I'm hoping that the subtle scaling and lighting effect - scale and rgb coefficient go up by a small fraction each layer - will be enough to distract from the rough edges.

I would be using the perspective shader for this effect if it were available for mobile but the object count would still be the same so I don't know if it would even be of benefit performance wise... TDC has some discussion about GTA-style games using pseudo-3D but Shab's link to his demo game seems to be dead. I believe that the scrolling solution (thank you Netninja!) is the best option for huge levels but if someone has figured out a more efficient way of doing this I would be happy to hear it.

EDIT: I can upload a demo mfa of the infinite scrolling plus perspective shader solution but first I need to combine the normal map shader with the perspective shader: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/80510-Combine-shaders
    Can anyone help? Otherwise I am happy to post the voxel solution for anyone who wants to test it. Amazingly it's only a few events.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty cool, keeping my eye on this one!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Danny and as promised here's the link to the voxel city test engine. I'm really interested in the performance across iOS devices. Would any of you kind iOS-device-owning people mind testing it out and telling me what framerate you get? This would be much appreciated as I can't afford to test this on every Apple device.

In the example you can adjust the number of layers until your machine conks out.

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/83430-3D-Voxel-City

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to make it retro to save CPU and make it easier to do graphics because I am not an artist. The buildings will of course look better in the future. What do you think?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Mac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea it looks really nice, programmer art ftw

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast