User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MMF Not Seeing ActiveX

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF Not Seeing ActiveX

I've been testing out some ActiveX controls in MMF. Most of the ActiveX controls I install show up in the ActiveX control list. I have one, though, that even though I successfully registered it in Windows, it doesn't show up on the list in MMF. I know MMF does a quick scan. I've tried on numerous occasions to do a full scan but that feature is still too unstable in MMF. Every single time it gets maybe 50% and then crashes. Is there any other way I can get MMF to see this installed ActiveX?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an ongoing problem for years with MMF. This will not be addressed until Fusion 3 or better comes out if ever. I reported the issue at least two years ago. No one to work on it was the message. Even if the activex shows up it may not fully work. Very buggy.

This is an example of why I want to see Clickteam put more programmers to work more on the "core product" and less on exports and platforms. They really need to get to Fusion 3 so the product and be grown and expanded.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, to my knowledge, hardly anyone uses the ActiveX object in MMF2, so it isn't too much of an issue. Also, seriously? MMF2's exporters are one of its strong points. Focusing effort on an object that isn't used much isn't going to boost sales. The exporters will help boost sales, and I really like being able to make my games for things other than Windows (and I'm not the only one). MMF2.5 will help boost sales, and MMF2.5 focuses on the core product a lot and it improves on the exporters, even adding a new one (the HTML5 exporter). Recently you've been seeming to be against Clickteam's decisions a lot for whatever reason. I just don't get it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more point: if corresponding ActiveX is not found on the computer, the ActiveX object will not let you open your application (both standalone executable and MFA)!

Before Web Control Object came out, I was using ActiveX object to display Web pages (through Internet Explorer Active. Nowadays I'm still using ActiveX object but only to display PDF files (through Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader). It's useful but effectively would need to be redesigned.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do a search of the forum and you will find posts about activex going back to 2007. It is not used as much because it does not work correctly and no one has been assigned to fix it.

If it worked I am sure many would be using it. This is why more effort and programmers need to be assigned to the core product and less on fixing exports.

The last few feature release show a few fixes of the core product problems and massive fixes of exports issues.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    droberson, I think there are much, much higher priorities than that, such as making the ScreenZoom object in MMF2.5 work in the Windows runtime. The runtimes got so many fixes because the runtimes that got fixed are a lot newer, and the Windows runtime is quite stable when compared to the other runtimes (some of the fixes were critical bug fixes, not just tiny bug fixes).

Also, there aren't very many people who are making Windows-only games for MMF2, and the ActiveX object can't work for those runtimes, and the ActiveX object is basically worthless for making games (maybe not for making applications, but for making games). There is also the problem that ouly has brought up: If your users don't have the ActiveX control, they can't even open your application at all. If you get a new computer and any one ActiveX control your game was using is no longer available anywhere for whatever reason, then you can't open your own source code.

Also, most people who are new to MMF2 don't know what the ActiveX object does, I'm guessing, as ActiveX is usually known as a feature of Internet Explorer, and it is also known as one of the major security vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, which means two things: 1. They won't know what it does. And/or 2. They will think it will make their program have the same security issues as Internet Explorer when it comes to ActiveX controls.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happwgreenfrog - I requested this FIVE years, then TWO years and now others are requesting it also. I don't think that is unreasonable to get it on the list. I agree with you to a point. It has been so long since the request FIVE years ago that Activex is now being replaced by .NET objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a game developer. I use MMF Dev for the development of applications. When an extension doesn't exist then the next best thing, to me, is an ActiveX control. For example, one project I almost completed has to be halted in MMF because the only extension that exists is very buggy. Posted to the paid forums almost a month ago as I'm willing to pay for the development of the extension I need and not a single reply. My only two options are:

a.) Find an ActiveX control that will work with MMF
    b.) Create my software using Neobook as it does have the particular functions I need and the NeoBook scripting language is quite easy to learn.

I really don't want to move from MMF as I love how easy it is for me to create applications, however, when I see progress stagnating then I must do what is necessary to get the flow going. If it means moving to another RAD tool then so be it. For the issue of the end-user needing to have the ActiveX control installed it is up to the developer. I don't use just any ActiveX control I see in the list. I only use controls that I have installed and are meant to be used in a development environment. The only thing I have to do is in the install software make sure that the DLL is registered by the installer on the end-user's computer.

As for multiplatform I can see the advantage. When I get the time there is one application I plan on developing for Windows. The application will initially have a "reader" for the Android to read the information from the files saved from the Windows application. Maybe even go as far as one day being able to edit the files on the Android as well. This is all possible via the current features in MMF and the Android exporter.

Most of the ActiveX controls I download and install work fine with MMF. Every so often, though, I get one like this where it doesn't show up at all. What is frustrating is that for the 2+ years I've been using MMF Dev the answer has always been the same: some work and some don't. Nothing can be done about it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know your pain Kracker same for me over the years. MMF2 Dev version also.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Simple solution gentlemen. If you're using MMF2 to develop software applications, as I have done professionally for the last 3-4 years and you can't find an "ActiveX" to fit or you can't get MMF to read the ActiveX then either
    a) Develop an extension yourself to do the job
    b) Hire someone to develop an extension do to the job
    c) Hire someone to develop an ActiveX that IS readable via MMF

It really doesn't get any simpler than this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast