User Tag List

Thread: Active Object Collision box?

Clicker iOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active Object Collision box?

Is it possible to put a box around all my active objects so that if a collision occurs between the boxes (rather than the actual image) then the collision event will trigger. Because of the different shapes and sizes, collisions are causes sticking as the collision is occurring on initial contact rather than the full-body.

I hope that makes sense.

You people are life savers!

Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to have box collisions, simply turn off the "use fine detection" option for your objects (it is under the properties for the object, the runtime options tab in particular). It will then handle the collisions as a box instead of being pixel-perfect. If that still isn't what you want, then I may just be able to make you an example that does what you want.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically what games do is to have invisible collision boxes and then just position the animations on top of those. So for instance, you might have a player collision box be 32x32 pixels. Then you would use that to move around and collide with stuff, and you'd have a player animation sprite (separate object) that can be larger in size, and you just always position that sprite in relation to the collision box object.

So essentially you need 2 objects. One for colliding/moving and one that actually shows the sprite you want on the screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a sprite that is 16x16 but you want a collision box of 64x64 you can still have transparency of that size around the image and if you disable fine collisions it will use this as the box.

Alternatively you can have two collision boxes if you make a custom collision box ie:

Xpos of obj2 > xpos obj1 - 32
    +Xpos of obj2 < xpos obj1 + 32

Same for y.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I've applied all the active objects to a grid, made everything 88x88 and turned off 'fine detection', which has solved almost everything, however I'm still having one collision glitch:

It occurs when an object is in the direct row to the side or above/below the column the player character is currently running in. Here's a picture to illustrate. As you can see, the bear is getting caught on the left hand tree, when really it's not in the same grid line as the bear and thus, should ignore it and collide with the tree directly below.
    Glitch.jpg

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump.

Anyone?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you'd have to supply an mfa....