Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Put other files after uninstall

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Put other files after uninstall

Hi guys! I am using ClickTeam Install Creator Pro v2.0 build #43, and I am trying to put file as hidden. Well, as far as I know, we are not able to hide any files, so I'm just calling another *.exe (which has been installed with application) when user calling uninstall.exe. But I don't want user to have to exe's installed, because some of them (users) might call wrong *.exe and it won't do the right thing.

Maybe there's another way, like when user run uninstall.exe put other files after uninstalling? Basically, I just want to put back un-modified files back. Any help? :))

edit:\\
    Sorry guys, I didn't know that it's preserved now! I'm really sorry! But anyway, is there any more effecient way? waiting for responds! :))

By the way, can I install files to the application current location?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, why that doesn't want to delete my file? Why.jpg Before I putted #SourceDir# in there it was working correctly (When I had fixed path before there)

Thanks!

Why2.jpg - I have even removed #SourceDir# but it's still in there (hidden file)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Riddick,
    Seems you didn't check "Wait for end" (checkbox that can be seen under the first red box on the screenshot). In this case ICP will probably try to remove the file before the executable is finished, what will not be possible as the file will still be locked by the system.
    ouly

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it removes the file, but file isn't called before to restore default files. That's a problem, any other way to do it? Thanks for response. As I said, it's deleting file, only if I have fixed file path.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In most of the cases, you will need #InstallDir# macro and not #SourceDir#. SourceDir refers to the path in which setup executable was in. During uninstall process, SourceDir is empty.
    As the file DBZ_default_files.exe will need to be provided with the installer, just launch #InstallDir#\DBZ_default_files.exe and check Wait for end. Don't set any additional file to remove as this executable file is already part of the installation.

Now as you were willing to avoid direct use of the executable, the easiest would probably to add a specific command line argument telling the application that it can proceed with the action. This would mean that the file to launch would be specified in this way: #InstallDir#\DBZ_default_files.exe "check=abcdefghij". ICP doesn't seem to support command line argument properly, for example using #InstallDir#\DBZ_default_files.exe /check=abcde will not work, but the previous definition seems to work.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I don't get you fully, is that what you mean?

Untitled.jpg

I didn't understand part about "check=abcdefghij" - sorry for being like newbie, but I actually am.

edit://
    If, that's what you meant, then it still doesn't work, because it deletes the whole folder, where I want to leave default values from the other installer (DBZ_default_files.exe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite hard to debug without having the source But from what I understand, you are willing to restore some files which were altered by the main installer. I suppose that these files are listed in the first tab of ICP. So what's probably happening:
    1. Main installer call DBZ_default_files.exe
    2. DBZ_default_files.exe restores the files
    3. DBZ_default_files end and main installer resumes the uninstall process
    4. Main installer removes all the files, which are now not the ones installed but the ones restored.

This means that the files need to be specified, in main installer, as not to uninstall (first tab in ICP, then last tab of file's options).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can actually send you a source if you want.. check PMs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the source! Hopefully my supposition was correct , so:

• In DBZ.icp, for each file that will be restored by DBZ_default_files.exe (actually three files), tick the checkbox "Don't uninstall this file".
    • Leave empty the option "Additional files to remove" as it's not needed.

It should work perfectly.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's working perfectly mate! Thanks a lot, sorry for my stupidness, hah! Anyway, is there any way to locate current *.exe file on computer? In different installer (with programming language) it's done that way:

Code:
    InstallDir "$PROGRAMFILES\Folder\"
    InstallDirRegKey HKLM "Software\Folder\Installation" "ExePath"
    Thanks once again!

Basically I just want to use it for file path in my installer )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast