Thread: Help with SQLite database connection

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with SQLite database connection

Hi!

I'm having hard time trying to connect to my database file I just uploaded on my website which looks like this www.example.com/files/mydatabase.db

I'm using SQLite 3 Pro to open a database file then I provide a path using the database URL! is there something I'm missing please help.

Is it also possible to open a database file when multiple computers are connected in a LAN?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys please help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, SQL isn't for that kind of database, as far as I know. It is for a special kind of database for storing things like highscores in games or login info for users' accounts on your website (SQL is usually used with things like PHP, from what I know). As a result, it isn't possible to open a database file when multiple computers are connected in a LAN using SQL if what I think you mean is correct, as it isn't for opening database files. Period. I think you aren't using the right object. For downloading files, please consider using the Download Object, which can download files from a server, which would then allow you to open your database file.

Second off, the link seems to be invalid. I'm guessing you aren't actually linking to where you uploaded the database?

Third off, you shouldn't bump a post if it is still on the front page, which I'm guessing it was, since the two posts that exist before this one in this thread are 1 day apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on a project where clients will be accessing a single shared .db file over a LAN and Internet through an app created with MMF.

I'm really sure SQLite does what I want to do just check this out: http://sqlite.org/whentouse.html but I cant figure it out how to open a database store in LAN or which resides in my website.

The link does not work it is just an example.

I also know there is SQL Server extension but I hate SQL Server configuration that's why I chose SQLite.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly sure it still can't open .db files, as the page doesn't seem to mention opening .db files anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how do I get it to open a .db file.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any experience with SQLite, so, if it can, then I don't know how to. I also don't know how to open a .db file with other extensions in MMF2, mainly because I haven't tried. I mainly focus on game development, not application development, so I think we're just going to have to wait for someone else to answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets wait. I think some one like Kimera could be of help I searched the forums and I found this: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/47515-sqlite-connection-string

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nyc.

First you need to clearly define your test cases of how the clients will be using your application. Will they all be inhouse or will they be using the internet or both?

There are several approaches you can use. Is the web server you are uploading to inhouse or out-of-house?

Lets keep this simple.

Lets assume you are going to go to a web hosting company and purchase a web hosting solution that include MySQL database support.

You need to use their tools to set up your MySQL database. (As I say lets keep this simple)

Now in most cases you use PHP to write the scripts that insert, delete, edit records in your database.

Have you read over Jeff's high score example info. Are you familiar with PHP?

In MMF2 app you use an extension to like GET Extension or Python Extension to communicate with your database.

(I believe you could use the Python with MMF2 to communicate with your PHP/database...I believe but I have not tested this.)

Does this fit your requirements or is the web server inhouse you are speaking of?

How many users will be accessing your database at the same time? That makes a big difference. Do you understand SQL databases and transactions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    droberson, thanks for your reply here are the answers:

1. This software will be used in a school. There are two types of clients. The clients at school including students and staff. The other client will be the school manager.

2. Clients at school will be connected over a LAN where I want a single machine to act as a database server(locally). The problem come to the manager how can he get connected to the database at school?

3. I dont want to use MySQL because I'll also need PHP which I am not good at.

4. I've already seen Jeff's example but as I said I dont want to use MySQL and PHP

5. The extensions I use so far are SQLite and SQL Server

6. I dont know anything about Python. I just want to use SQLite

7. For the time being I am not using any web server

8. The expected number of users wont exceed 200 (Students wont be accessing computers until their is a computer lesson - and this is READ ONLY). So active users will be about 20.

I've tried giving detailed information as possible. Waiting from you guys.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast