User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5 for Mac

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion 2.5 for Mac

Clickteam,

I'm aware the Mac version of Fusion 2.5 won't be released today with the Windows version.

I'm wondering if I were to upgrade to the 2.5 version today for Windows, would there be a cost for the Mac version when it is released?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question, would love to know the anwser too on this mac question +1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a wild guess, I don't see why pay twice if you bought "Clickteam Fusion 2.5" and couldn't use for your preferred platform. If the store displays two (once it's out) then that'd explain it.

I remember being given two download options for the Android Exporter. "English" or "French". I'm hoping the same happens here but with platforms. Good question, +1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excelent Question! +1

Release Date?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely forgot about the Mac editor. This would be a good question to get answered before I upgrade.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being impatient as I am, I've gone onto ClickConverse looking for an answer. I'm informed by Simon that
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    if you buy Fusion2.5 for PC, it comes with Windows (EXE) exporter. Likewise, if you buy for Mac, it comes with Mac exporter. So if you buy PC now, there will be a cost to get the mac exporter later yes. and it would be true vice versa
    I then clarified I was more interested in the editor as I export to iOS, and am told it would be correct to say that
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaC
    buying the Windows editor today would mean a cost for the Mac editor, even just for iOS exportation, later
    Looks like I'm not getting Fusion 2.5 today, then Oh well... Looking forward to the release of the Mac editor... when?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bit unfortunate. But the next question is, will there be a discount on the Mac editor if we purchase the Windows version? I'd like to get right into making my games as soon as possible with F2.5. I'd hate to lose my MMF2 upgrade discount waiting for this version. Or if that discount even applies to the Mac version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the AMA on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...sion_2/cdv78m4
    Quote Originally Posted by pmjm
    What's the status of the Mac runtime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri
    pmjm! it's in fnal debugging and testing, thanks or asking my friend!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...sion_2/cdvbikm
    Quote Originally Posted by Volerikan
    -What is the status on the Mac editor?
    -If I upgrade MMF2 to F2.5 for the discounted price of $39, will I be able to 'trade' in that key for the Mac key? Or will I have to re-buy the software again?
    Quote Originally Posted by jvance_ct
    I believe when we have the Mac export module done the Mac editor would be included free with it. The Mac Export Module will cost something not sure what yet. Allows you to build MAC exe on your windows machine.
    But in any event if you own Fusion 2.5 windows and want Fusion 2.5 Mac - we will have a discount deal for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volerikan
    Ohh okay. So, just to make sure I understand. You'll be releasing the Mac exporter on Windows machines. And this will include the Mac editor along with it?
    Will this editor work in reverse? Can I build Windows .exe files inside of the Mac editor?
    And did you have a timeframe on when this may be released?
    Also, definitely going to upgrade to F2.5 tonight!
    We are still working on it but that's the basic idea.
    Sorry I don't have a firm timeline but we are nearing the end of our beta tests for the editor on MAC.
    Note - Its not a native mac app -- its still going to have the windows look and feel but it will be tweaked to run and work better and have the ability to make MAC exe.
    Some people are fine just running the Windows version under Wine and such but that doesn't build MAC exes. The Mac editor we have will.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note - Its not a native mac app -- its still going to have the windows look and feel but it will be tweaked to run and work better and have the ability to make MAC exe.
    Some people are fine just running the Windows version under Wine and such but that doesn't build MAC exes. The Mac editor we have will.
    I knew it! MMF2 relies too heavily on Windows APIs and libraries it's not possible for CF 2.5 to suddenly natively run Mac apps. MMF/CF 3 might however. What Clickteam are doing sounds like a Wine wrapper with optimisations, I could be wrong.

Big corporation example: Electronic Arts launched The Sims 3 for Windows & Mac, both of which do run the same code -- the Windows one. Pay for the product, not which platform.

Wine's great, I've researched into it a lot. If you'd like a free solution, use Winebottler to turn your Windows EXEs into Mac .app's for the native feel. This Clickteam exporter/editor should simplify this process.

From what I understand, I don't see the point splitting the product for various platforms Clickteam. I think you should be able to purchase "Clickteam Fusion 2.5" once and pay for the exporters you choose.

Cross-platform compatibility is becoming increasingly important! I'm asking about Mac & Linux support in this thread: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/83490-What-are-the-plans-for-Mac-amp-Linux-support

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope there will be a free upgrade or not that expensive to buy the Mac editor. I'm running Mac and just brought Fusion 2.5 dev today (because of the discount). Will wait for the Mac editor, or does Wine or parallels run Fusion 2.5 good? I've read this for example http://community.clickteam.com/threads/83227-Fusion-2-5-running-on-Parallels-Desktop-video-driver-not-supported!?highlight=parallels

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast