Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Program crashes on startup.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Program crashes on startup.

Today i purchased the humble weekly bundle specifically for multimedia fusion 2. extracted the cd1.zip and installed no problem but when i try and launch the program the splash screen shows for less than a second and then closes.
    i am running windows 8 pro 64bit and have tried running as admin and compatibility modes for win7, vista and xp sp3. i believe its release 356.34 comes with the bundle is thats any help and my pc specs are as follows
    i5-760, asus p7p55d-e, 8gb ram, nvidia gtx650ti. using latest drivers for everything.

what is the second cd for and do i need to use it to run it? also does it need to be installed from a cd or mounted img? as i just unzipped the file and ran setup. i also tried updating the program to the 257 one on the forums here but that would not complete unknown error. im running out of ideas and would be thankful for any help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, welcome to the forums! Second off, have you tried running it as an administrator?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI yes i have.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. I believe I've heard of the QuickTime object not playing well with quite a few computers. How about you try deleting it? Go to the folder that you installed MMF2 in, go to the extensions folder in there, and try deleting the file called "kcqtw3.mfx", and see if that helps. If it doesn't help, feel free to re-install MMF2 if you really think you are going to want the QuickTime extension. Who knows? Maybe a re-install is all it needs to be fixed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, if that still doesn't fix it, then I'm all out of ideas for now, unless you haven't tried re-booting your computer. If you have tried everything I've mentioned, then you will need to wait for someone else to figure out what could be causing it, unless I end up coming up with something else that could be causing it...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try this now

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleting the file you specified yeild the same results. going to reinstall now. thanks for your help

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome! I'm sorry that the information didn't fix the problem. I'm kinda out of ideas now. Maybe someone else will know (there is usually someone who does on here, from my experience).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i found an old blank cd and burned the install files to that (had to delete the manual.pdf because for some reason 700mb wont fit on a 700mb cd doh!) reinstalled and SUCCESS!! it works! thanks anyways. Now to learn how to use this thing....wish me luck =P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish you luck with MMF2! It's pretty easy to use, so it should go well. If it doesn't, then, well, that is a part of the reason these forums exist: So people who can't figure something out can get help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast