User Tag List

Thread: Question on expressions vs score

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question on expressions vs score

I am one of the many new humble bundle people and I have gone through the entirety of the tutorial... I am trying to expand upon the choco tutorial game by adding random item drops, special abilities, etc.

One of the things I haven't been able to figure out is how to add lives every X number of points.

I effectively want to do something like the first 100, then at 200 more, then 300 more, etc (assuming 1 point per pop).

I have my score counter I am just unsure how to read the value from it and test against that value.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, it's a bit weird, but to read the score you need to right click the icon for Player 1 in the event editor (as a new condition) instead of the Score Object. It should then show "Compare to player's score".

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I am having a problem writing the expression... (and I don't have an option to compare to player's score from that event box actually).

If I wanted an extra life at a score of 100, 300, 600, 1000, etc... how might I go about finding help on how to do that?

hmmmm.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, it's not an event to check the players score. It's a condition Similar to the ones you have for Collisions. So, make a new condition and then right click on the Player 1 icon and you should see "compare to player's score".

Then you can check if it's 100 and give the player an extra life! Here's an example image. I've also added a condition to make sure the player only gets one life when their score is 100, just so the event doesn't trigger forever and give them a tonne of lives. This condition can be found under the "Special" Object menu (two computer screens, one with a question mark).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe this is what your looking for. Value deaths is simply a global value which counts how many deaths (lives lost) a player has.

example.png
    Images attachées Images attachées

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty much exactly what I am looking for... the problem I run into is... I don't know how to enter that condition into the list.

When I enter a new condition and add:

score( "Player 1" ) mod(100*(lives(score( "Player 1" )"-2))=0

I can an error saying the syntax is wrong. (I've done a lot of programming in my life so the concept of what I am trying to do seems basic enough, I'm just not sure how to actually enter the condition)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the Compare Two General Values condition:

Compare2GeneralValues.jpg
    Make sure you type it in correctly. The syntax you typed above wouldn't be right. Here's how RhysD had it:

Compare2GeneralValues_2.jpg

Also, you don't need the Always condition in that event, as it will be read regardless of it.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh *that* is what I was missing... the Compare two general values condition!

Thank you!