User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Screen Zoom. To be ported to Windows?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would those new graphic rountines allow Vertex Shader and Uniform Matrixes?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you find a way to release it on Android.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so there is screen zoom for html5 , but not for windows native?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to remind all of you:

ScreenZoom
    This effect is all about Vertex Shaders.

We are still considering porting it to Android, but it would imply a complete rewrite of the display routines. So this is a big job. We dont know.
    If you use OpenGL ES 2 as renderer on Android, then i should probably tell you that rendering is entirely based on shaders there (including vertex shaders - in fact VS was the first kind of shaders that was created, like ever).

Windows is also a big job.
    Clickteam, but you already have Vertex Shaders support (i proved this once). The ONLY ONE thing that is needed to make this effect is to add support for Matrix Uniform (array of 16 float number values that we sent to shader program - the same way as you already have it done for vector values).
    that's it. seriously.
    i asked about it a lot of times. i even offered you help to implement that, because it's not hard at all.

Anyway - i'm making this Screen Zoom system even without Matrix Uniforms today.
    After that i will make 3D perspective system based on this.
    Just because i can and because we are waiting for this thing too long

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant wait to see it in action!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsichiX View Post
    This effect is all about Vertex Shaders.
    Absolutely not. To do the same thing as in the HTML5 version of this object (which is the first version that has been done), we have to totally change the PC runtime because the PC runtime doesn't handle the objects that are out of the playfield in the display routine. We also have to modify all the routines that handle mouse coordinates in the runtime and the objects.

So yes you can make a shader but the result won't be what we need.

If you use OpenGL ES 2 as renderer on Android, then i should probably tell you that rendering is entirely based on shaders there (including vertex shaders - in fact VS was the first kind of shaders that was created, like ever).
    As I said above this is not at all only about shaders. Anders has ported the ScreenZoom object to iOS and 6 months after the release there are still issues due to this change.

Clickteam, but you already have Vertex Shaders support (i proved this once). The ONLY ONE thing that is needed to make this effect is to add support for Matrix Uniform (array of 16 float number values that we sent to shader program - the same way as you already have it done for vector values).
    that's it. seriously.
    i asked about it a lot of times.
    A lot of times means 5 PMs in 2 days in January. I sent you a version with changes you asked but those changes weren't not the good ones. So you sent me some code but that CANNOT be directly applied to the CF runtime, I've to find the correct matrixes you need and for some reasons I've been unable to work on this for months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yves, earlier we talked about implementing usage of native camera Matrix Uniforms (WORLD_VIEW_PROJECTION uniform on shader side so we don't need to calculate this on game side) but now i talk about adding an another shader property type (matrix - array of 16 values) so i will be able to calculate camera matrix on game side and send it to shader (for now i have to make parameters like that: uMatrix0, uMatrix1 ... uMatrix15) and set them one by one wich is a very stupid way.
    I will make this Screen Zoom effect and then i will describe what exactly is needed to do to make it in proper way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screen Zoom example (Windows only):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ScreenZoom.zip

It's all about using some hack with Vertex Shaders: Camera Manager object controls the camera view of objects on scene for which we apply shader properties from Camera Manager alterable variables. to control camera X, Y, Width, Height and Zoom we just have to change given alterable values of Camera Manager. On monday i will make a version that uses camera rotation also

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but there is still the mouse coordinates problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad but could be better.

1) It works only on Actives
    2) It messes up active existence (it only changes position of object visible surface leaving original object size and position intact (look into my example - detection works only in Original zone of black boxes, objects are invisible in level editor.)
    3) Code dependent from external object (individual instances can't be controlled to major extent - no fluent stopping/starting)
    So it's quite limited but nicely done.

And here's what I can do with No extensions, No Shaders, as well only on actives:
    - Zoom
    - Rotation
    - No quality loose on objects (red boxes compare my scaling technique (left) to the built-in MMF scale (right).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnva...ature=youtu.be
    Attached files Attached files

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast