Thread: Multitouch object affecting multiple frames

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Multitouch object affecting multiple frames

Hello to everyone!

Integrating the iOS exporter's features into my game makes it lately a bit difficult with the multitouch object.

All I currently work on is different frames working as a menu. The player is then able to switch through the different menus by touching buttons on the screen.
    Therefore I used "A new touch on object [button1] has started" as to check if a button is touched. Then, the user gets transferred to the next menu screen, like from the main menu to the options.

My problem now is: If I check for the expression given above in the new menu frame (to redirect from there) and the button to tap on is in the same position as the one touched in the previous menu, CF2.5 seems to take the previous touch as the one for the current frame and has the button in the same position touched aswell.

For example: You are in the main menu and tap on "Options". CF2.5 redirects you to the options menu where the button for "sounds on/off" is right at the same spot as "options" was. Then the "sounds on/off"-button is tapped aswell, although the player has not touched anything in the new frame.
    I tried to avoid this bug by setting a timer-delay of half a second before a new touch is recognized but then the game does not recognize a new touch at all. Also making "a touch has ended" a necessity to leave the main menu (to go to the options menu) does not help.
    So how do I get the game take only a new touch as a new touch in a following frame?
    Thank you in advance

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run into this as well. My workaround is to set a global variable to 1 when you press the button and switch frames. Then on the next frame, make it so your buttons check that the global variable is 0. In each frame, have a Start of Frame condition that sets the variable to 0, but make sure this event line is at the bottom of your event list. This forces the existing touch to be ignored until the variable is 0. You can also set the variable to 0 every time you release a touch. It is up to you to find the best solution for your game.

On a side note, it is often simpler if you make your buttons work on release instead of touch. This way the player can still change their mind if they pressed a button. It also saves you the trouble of dealing with existing touches over frames.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, thank you very much! This time, I didn't think of global variables as flags :P
    And it's also true, the thing with checking the touch release, I often have this situation aswell when navigating through iOS menus.

At least it's not my fault overlooking something but rather really a kind of bug!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it is a bug, considering you might want this behavior. Ideally, there would be a property in the extension that let's you turn this "feature" ON/OFF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the ability to turn this on or off would be helpful, indeed! But how receptive are the creators of CF2.5 when it comes to user motivated improvements of their extensions? May one inform them about this extension's misbehaviour or do they even already know?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very receptive. In fact, that is one of the strengths of the MMF community forums. The software developers are active in the forums and look at feedback from all of us. If you write a post explaining your request, it is usually seen and replied to. Of course, now that there is a bug tracker for all clickteam products (located at the top of the forum) you should probably write all improvement requests and bugs there.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you report this bug in the iOS bugbox please?
    Same goes for everyone here : when you find a bug in the exporter, please push it in the bugbox. If you enter your iOS exporter serial number in the forum, you have access to the bugbox.
    This is the simplest and most reliable way of reporting bugs, making sure they will not be lost.