User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where are the MMF 2.5 platformer physics variables?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Where are the MMF 2.5 platformer physics variables?

Hi I was looking at the platformer physics movement and I'm having trouble finding the variables that will allow for more customization when it comes to animations. I want to know how to tell the game whether or not the character is on the ground/in the air/moving/not moving/etc so that I can do animations properly. Although I did notice that it can be done automatically if the animations are set properly (fall animation in falling for example) Although I do not trust the automation to do what I want when I want. Basically I'm trying to re-code a platformer from using the PMO to using the physics platformer. However as far as I can tell the conversion process is not so cut and dry. I'm hoping I'm missing something. Also I noticed in the platformer physics tutorial that some times a platform character can step on a object and some times it just floats around on top. What is the deciding factor that allows objects to be stood on top without sliding around? (it's this tutorial) https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7iy8qpm4w...rmTutorial.rar

To sum it up I just want to be able to customize the animations based on the platformer physics movement. I need variables such as x,y velocity, accel, decel. Unfortunately I can't find them.

Oh and this would all be a moot point if I can use a non physics object with a physics object. Is that possible or does box2D only play with it's own objects?

Another issue I am having is that I tried to give an edited exe of one of the platformer physics frames to my friend as an exe but he told me it wouldn't run because it cannot find Box2Dplatform.mvx! How does this make sense? Isn't this an exe? Shouldn't it have everything that is needed to run it in the exe. Are there separate files that I'm unaware of? Thanks for your time.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you mean but there is some stuff under the movement menu in the event editor.

You can access some properties there and you can also retrieve various properties in the conditions to make comparisons.
    So do I misunderstand what your looking for or are you taking about something else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    salamanderpants gets what I am talking about. Are there values/variables for the physics platforming object that are comparable to PMO. eg, X vel, Y Vel. Without that information how can I tell if the object is falling, jumping, not moving, moving, or on the ground? They must be there because the automation knows when the character is jump/falling/walking/stopped. How does it do that?

As I said this isn't an issue if you can combine the PMO with other physics movements. Is that possible?

Also you know how there is a clickteam movement extension that allows you to get more values out of the default movements? Is there something like that for the physics movements? That would help a lot.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i had simular issues when testing the new platformer object - trying to replace a PMO movement using touch screen controls but really not getting anywhere with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the physics platformer doesn't have what I need I want to know if PMO can interact with other physics objects. For example can PMO interact with physics bouncing ball or physics rope?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im testing a few things now. Why does a character keep on playing its animation (ie a walk cycle) when on a slope etc even without holding down a button to move the character.

or even the character will slide down the slope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the physics platformer doesn't have what I need I want to know if PMO can interact with other physics objects. For example can PMO interact with physics bouncing ball or physics rope?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krim View Post
    Not really. It will be able to collide with them, but it won't be able to push them around (if they are, say, push-able boxes). However, if you could let me know what things the engine needs, I might be able to make something for you (the key word there being "might").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HGF I would need everything that PMO currently has values for. As it is now how can you even tell if the physics platformer is on the ground or in the air? I'm underwhelmed with this release...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually discovered a way to handle jumping higher the longer the player presses the jump button, except for when they are falling (though that part is intentional). You would not believe what information you can retrieve for the object (speed, velocity direction, etc. (you can use the velocity direction to determine whether the object is jumping or falling (though you can't use that to determine the difference between standing on the ground and being mid-air, I think there are probably ways you can do that as well))): The real problem is being able to change any of those (using actions such as apply impulse (which is disabled for some reason, unfortunately) or speed (which only works on the ground, if I remember correctly (either that, or it was that it only worked mid-air))). Pretty much the only one you can change that works properly all the time is the gravity, which is just enough to add such a system.

If worst comes to worst, I could try making a custom platform engine with the physics static movement, if you need more than I can add using the physics platform movement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast