User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guide to installing Extensions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, ExtensionView doesn't know what Fusion 2.5 is and can't do the usual automatic install after download because it looks for a MMF2 directory (which is why I tell you to untick the box and do it from the download directory manually.)

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, yes, I understand now - I was confused as well because I didn't notice the instructions changed to demonstrating a different method halfway down!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have few questions about extensions (i am new to MMF2). I would be grateful for any answers.

first of all - screenshots provided are only relevant to MMF2.5, right? Because i don't have that "manager" button in my MMF2.

How do they work? (from technical point of view - i understand code)

Do I need to worry about decrease in performance, because MMF would not optimize properly extension objects ?

Will they always work with exporters? if no, how do i know? (i am particularly interested in flash exporter) ?

Anything else i should know?

Again, many thanks for any answers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide was wrote for Fusion 2.5. The extension manager is for Fusion 2.5.

Extensions are wrote with C++ using a special SDK, and, from what I understand, are basically specially-coded DLL files, though they are named MFX files to differentiate between them.

Optimized code is up to the extension developers, not MMF2. Some extensions even help you to improve performance, such as the ForEach object (which is pretty much a must-have).

They won't always work with exporters. There are several reasons for this:

1. The extension was originally wrote before said exporters existed, and the original developer is no longer around, and nobody other than the original developer had the source code.
    2. The extension just plain can't be ported to some platforms. For example, the Direct Show objects can't possibly be ported to anything other than Windows, as Direct Show is a Windows-specific library.
    3. The original extension developer doesn't know the correct programming language to port the object to a runtime, or they don't have a device needed to port it to the runtime in question (E.G. they don't have an iDevice, so they can't port it to the iOS runtime), and they don't want to release the source code, or nobody else is interested in porting the object when the source code has been released.

There are probably more reasons they don't get ported, but those should give you an idea on why they can't/don't always get ported.

As for anything else you should know about them, well...

Extensions can allow MMF2 to do things that aren't possible otherwise. For example, the OpenGL objects allow for people to make 3D games in MMF2, though it is quite difficult to get anything good done with them. There are also extensions that are simply for convenience purposes, though there are only so many extensions like that.

As I'm not an extension developer, I may have missed a few things, but this should help give you the general idea of them.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need help with the games factory 2 extensions I don't know how to do it can you please help me

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Games Factory 2 does not support extensions. Sorry.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this work if I bought my Fusion 2.5 copy on STEAM?

I can't seem to find the directory of the installed application when bought on Steam. Does someone know where this is, or where can I find it? It's not on Program Files

Big thanks!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using a 64-bit machine? If so, it may be in "Program Files (x86)" instead of just "Program Files". If it's not there either, or you aren't using a 64-bit version of Windows, then it's probably located in a sub-folder of the folder that Steam is installed in.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying so promptly!
    Yes, I checked both in Program Files and Program Files (x86() and that... it's not there.

I'm not at home now (I'm on another computer) but I've seen that Steam stores files elsewhere. I'll check it later tonight. Here's some links to info on this to whomever is having the same issue:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...&insideModal=1

IN STEAM" Right click the game in your Steam list, properties, local files tab, Browse Local files."

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2182619

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleNando View Post
    Does this work if I bought my Fusion 2.5 copy on STEAM?

I can't seem to find the directory of the installed application when bought on Steam. Does someone know where this is, or where can I find it? It's not on Program Files

Big thanks!!
    Fusion 2.5, installed via Steam, is in this folder:

Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast