Thread: New Set of Guides / Documentation / Help for Entry Level Users

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Post New Set of Guides / Documentation / Help for Entry Level Users

Hey Everyone,

In light of the Fusion 2.5 release, I have been working in the background on some new guides for Fusion 2.5. At the minute I am just picking a random topic and writing a guide up for it (ie: inserting/using/releasing binary data) and alike.

I am interested in regular-user feedback. Do you have any ideas on what topics you struggled with when you first started using MMF/Fusion? Something in particular you think me covering would help new users?

Please post a topic here which you think I should cover, I'll look forward to seeing what people can suggest!
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Including External Files within the exe

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub applications
    Arrays

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorting Arrays (Chris Burrows has a nice little write up on bubble sort that has helped me)

Object Scope

When things are drawn to screen. Doing a fast loop won't draw the inbetweens was something i didn't get at first

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't looked for/read any of f2.5 the documentation yet.. but it'd be nice to have a load of examples using the new physics movements, more specifically, exanples highlighting what the various properties of these objects do. Eg angular impulse vs angular velocity etc.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.. those 'examples' are more like someone just played around randomly.. I mean more deliberate examples designed to show specifically how to manipulate the objects.. not just how to achieve some desired effect.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the recommendations. I'll add them to the list (if not already available). If you can think of anymore, feel free to post.

Happy Xmas

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FastLoops and ForEach loops, I had no clue how to use them when I was a beginner for some reason. :P
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bartek, already on the list! I'll cover literally, each and every angle possible!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast