User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Norton treats box2dstatic.mvx and all other box2dxxx.mvx as virus

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norton treats box2dstatic.mvx and all other box2dxxx.mvx as virus

During installation all the box2d related files, like box2dstatic.mvx, were marked as virus and quarantined by Norton. It identifies it as Suspricious.Cloud.7.F.
    Anyone encountered this issue?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norton... it sounds very normal this happens... a false positive. The best thing you can do to prevent this is exclude the Fusion 2.5 installation directory from "real time scanning" (or equivalent) and/or all .mfx, .mvx and .mfa files.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'll tell it to ignore it. Thanks.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this problem too, I ended up having to uninstall Norton because I would tell it to ignore the file and it wouldn't.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Also possible Norton, Avast, AVG or some other anti-virus protection software is preventing the installer from installing correctly.

We have never nailed down exactly what it is ... Seems completely random -- Guy A has issue ... Guy B does not.

But if your copy start up and quits -- This is the reason.

You need to make sure those protection programs are not in the way.

Sometimes as simple as running the installer a 2nd time seems to have fixed it, other times not. -- Weird makes no sense

But I do know -- After people turn off, uninstalled or adjusted the program MMF installed fine then they turned it back on.
    (Or found better protection software -- Some of them stink, stink, stink I won't name names but I already listed them)
    Bolded parts of the quote are key.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've sent the box2d movements to Norton 2 weeks ago, they said it would be fixed in a next update of their virus definitions. They didn't say which year though....

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I uninstalled Norton cause it annoyed me, it kept removing my built .exe files... I recommend you remove the anti-virus software and choose a different one.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the bump but a user just reported this issue again - It would be great to get fixed so people aren't scared away from buying my game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/352070...6877333717691/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump! I can confirm that this problem is happening again!
    Can be of any help putting the extension in the game folder?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nope. The only solution is to submit this file to Symantec so that they fix it in their next virus definition update. I really wonder why they think this movement extension can be harmful, their heuristic detection engine seems so stupid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast