User Tag List

Thread: Stop/Start Physics (Possible bug?)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Stop/Start Physics (Possible bug?)

Hi.

I am playing around with the physics object and I have made a "soon to become a game?" where you can place down supports in different lenghts and angle and then build a structure in-game with physics but I have a problem where the placement of the Active object affects the other objects and it rotates when it hits the end of the frame.

The way I have tried to make this work is when I click the Create Object button a Active object is being created and the Flag 0 is set On. When the flag 0 is on it will always set the position at the mouse cursor and it will become semi-transparent. When you use your mouse wheel you can resize it and when you hold down the shift key and use the mouse wheel you can change the rotation. When you left click anywhere inside the frame it will set the flag 0 to off and the object will then fall down and become completely visible and should of course react to the physics.

I have made the collision conditions like this:

If "Active" leaves play area
    + The Flag 0 of "Active" is off then = Stop

If "Active" collides with "Active"
    + The Flag 0 of "Active" is off then = Stop

So the active that you just created and is having the flag 0 On should not be affected but it is.

Se the example file

Thanks
    -Decal
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cause of the problem may be the last event line: checking collision between 'Active' and 'Active', as long as internal flag 0 of 'Active' is off (<-- which of the two 'Active'?)
    Probably it may be useful an 'Always' condition to spread a unique ID to all 'Active' on the playfield, and then treat them as different object, when testing collisions, with fastloops. I have little familiarity with fastloops, so I can't provide examples, sorry

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checking a flag should select the correct object and narrow the object selection - only if both objects had that flag off would it be a problem.

Have you made sure only one has their flag off? Try making their animation depend on their flag so you can see what flag state they have.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3