User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Loot Hero just released! :)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's a really addictive game! Braindead action, I am totally hooked!
    I used XAW7MJYMKEAR on the app store.

I'm on level 31. Felt like 5 minutes, but I am sure it must have been longer..

The very pixelated gfx doesn't really look too great on my iPad 2, but the gameplay totally makes up for it. I would love to see this with better foreground graphics, though, so it would fit the backgroundgraphics.
    I like the music. Very fitting, intence, adventourus.. Perfect

I see you sell rings in the store. Are there other ways to get them?

Some ideas / comments:

The prices in the shop doesn't say what currency it is. It just says 0.99 for instance, which in my currency would be 7.00. It would be wise to do something about that, I think.
    Also, the prices for the coins seems a little stiff. It take me less than a minute to get the ammount of coins that is the most expensive ones (at least at this stage of the game).
    I'd also like some other motivation to play the game rather than just get higher levels and kill the dragon again and again. What about you get some random special loot each time you kill a boss? Then you could trade that loot into either lots of coins or collect them to open a new location, side-quest whatever.

Finally, I think you could benefit alot by having this game for free and show chartboost ads between each stage. And then have an option to get rid of the ads.

Anyway, GREAT game! I hope you become a millionaire soon!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that feedback Popcorn

When you say foreground graphics, do you mean the actual foreground (like the bushes in the very front) or the more "sharp" pixelgraphics of the characters?

The iAps like the rings and loot, was an afterthought to be honest, so I guess the prices for them are not very thought out =P The rings can only be bought though, which I guess I should have made so you could actually get them in regular way if I had more time. I really like the idea of special loot when you kill a boss! That is something I would like to do for a sequel! About showing prices in the right currency depending on the users country, is this hard to do? I guess you would have to retrieve the info about the users location somehow?

I was going to put the game for free first, but then I decided I could put out a free version later with full chartboost integration. I don't know what strategy is best really? To have a payed version first, and then a free vs making the payed free later, vs free from start?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using 3KNMT3X3J9LE

Thanks..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I meant the hard pixelated character graphics. I guess it is just a matter of taste, and I am sure it looks great on a smaller screen. Market strategy is a hard one. For this game, where in-app purchases could be really popular, having the actual game for free I think would be a smart move. That way you can also run a chartboost marketing campaign to get lots of new players for a relatively cheap price.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played a bit more (Level 52) and have some more things to report:

Visually, stats can be upped to 9999 points, or 4 * 9 levels, but in fact you can continue to upgrade them after the visual limits are reached. I think you should change the visual apperances of the stats upgrades so that it is clear how much they can be upgraded or that they in-fact can be upgraded.

I can choose to upgrade the CRITICAL stat even after it has reached 100%, but this doesn't seem to increase the Critical stat. It did cost loot to upgrade from 100%, but there was no indication that the stat was upgraded. It still say 100%. If 100% is the max, then the upgrade button should be disabled when that limit is reached.

Shops are a bit hard to stop by when the speed is upgraded alot. Either make the shop area bigger, or make it easier to stop exactly where the shop is.

The health bar is sometimes hard to spot. When the player is a bit too weak, the helathbar is often even not onscreen. I think it would be nice to show the health as a static healthbar outside the actual level, just as the XP bar. Or maybe make it as a Diablo style health globe.

Tip for this game or a sequel: Let the player be able to unlock bonus levels (or even bonus games) that can be played once until the next time it is unlocked.

The menu says Quit game. This is not good practice on iOS, as games should no be quit. It takes you to the main menu anyway, so perhaps just call it that? Also, an option to jump straight to the previous or next level (after you have killed the Dragon once) would also be fine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been laying on on newsgrounds for half hour so must be good =)

Can you not just keep replaying an easy level over and over again though to walk through the higher difficulties with breeze?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    installing on my nexus 7... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY WELL DONE!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good work ! Great game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popcorn: I will see if I can fix the upgrade limit for the next update I am a bit afraid doing updates for ios though, I have heard it can wipe away any reviews you get? Or maybe I have missunderstood that :S

Redsquirell: Yes you can But the xp and loot drops increase with harder enemies, so at some point it can be good to move on :P I am very happy the game is now frontpaged on both newgrounds and kongregate!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IOS updates will reset the reviews counter (as it says "Since last update"). Your reviews remain visible though!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast