User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: KeyStore Generator Tool

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is it possible its one of the objects in the game?
    A lot of them also needed an adjustment for Android 6.

One the certificate works we really should make a new thread as we are off the keystore topic I think.
    Unless you think the problem is still related to the keystore?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem seems to be keystore related. When I build my app without the release mode checked, the app works on Android 6.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmmm this is odd.
    Did you try making a keystore using the command line interface? (Inside the Fusion docs - Android - Distributing your Application)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't try it for now. I'll do it and I'll tell you.

Maybe there are some specific things to know about certificate I ignore. But, I submited several applications on Google Play and I never had any trouble with my certificates...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if your connect your phone to the PC and run it, so you can see the log to see what's happening. (under the SDK there is a logger)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I tried to create a certificate directly with a command line. I managed to create a 32 bits certificate. I built my application with this new certificate, but it still doesn't work on Android 6.

As I don't own an Android 6 device, I can not make any logcat for now. For the moment, I send my apps to my father or to a friend in order to be tested. I might be able to do the logcat later.

As my application works when not in release mode I see three options :

1/ Some features only activate when in release mode (maybe permissions, some objects... I don't know) and that features make my app crash
    2/ I put wrong informations in my certificate, which make it impossible to be allowed by Android 6
    3/ There is something wrong with my Java (I have installed the jdk1.7.0_79)

I want to remind you that my apps are running fine on Android 5, so is there anything different between certificates for Android 5 and certificates for Android 6 ?

Lastly, should I create a new topic as it clearly seems that the keystore tool isn't involved in this bug ?

If so, would it be possible for a moderator to move all the posts related to my topic to the new thread ?

Anyway, thank you very much for your help

[EDIT]

Sorry everybody, my bug is now fixed. It didn't come from the certificate at all... That came from my old version of the webview object and certainly the permissions linked to it. I guess when not in release mode, the permissions are ignored while they're taking into account in release mode. It seems like my old version of Webview and the permissions associated with it didn't work in release mode.

Anyway, thank you all for your help and support, now I know how to create a certificate from a command line and I understand the difference between a 64 bits JDK and a 32 bits ^^

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update!

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that the issue is resolved

Clicker The Games Factory 2Firefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A suggestion. Ain't it honestly about time to actually rebuild Keystore maker so it actually uses the same naming convention adopted in Fusion 2.5? I'd rather use one system and one only so I don't get them confused. Right now there are two standards. The Fusion way, and the Keystore way. So if you really want to make it simple for us why not make sure that you use the same labels in Keystore maker as in Fusion?

I don't know about you, but if I where to design an app to do something for another, then the first thing I'd do is to name all fields the same thing as in the other application. If that's not possible then I would at least add a tooltip saying this field = that field on that page, to actually make the usage as dead simple as it ever gets. And same procedure in reverse: That field = this field in this app.

Due to this inconsistency I've never been able to release an app on google play. Since no matter what I write in, no matter what keystore data I choose to use, the validation either crashes, or crashes.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show an image...
    I never had a problem, and it's pretty straight forward..

here is an image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzy2zi59l1...ample.png?dl=0

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast