User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with the "X" axis using the accelerometer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Problems with the "X" axis using the accelerometer

Since this in the 2.5 Beta axis "X" This reversed his reading to as it worked in mmf 2.0 and not only that, in the same Android Exporter is inverted.

That is to say that if I am inclined right my iphone the character moves to the left, on Android if I incline my device the character right moves right.

Is that it is a nonsense, but then would have to encode different for each exporter and this does not happen in MMF 2.0, which I think is correct.

This already reports more than 3 weeks in the bugbox but haven't seen any response,

Thank for your help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No comments?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are looking into this.
    Question is which one is the correct behavior - iOS or Android.
    On iOS we are (as far as I remember) just directly passing on the values from the accelerometer to the runtime.
    The Android runtime might be doing the same thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Anders, thanks for responding.

Right at this moment is Android, in the version of iOS of MMF 2.0 exporter, works perfectly, so you can look at the code there.

Thank you very much for your help!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are also differences between the values returned by the accelerometers. If I'm not mistaken, iOS returns value between 0 and 1 (1 being the gravity of earth), and Android between 0 and 10 (the real gravity expressed in m/s2).
    As there are more iOS users,for a longer period of time, we are going to modify the Android runtime so that it matches exactly the iOS runtime. There might be some modifications to do in some Android applications.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Franšois, that would be my preferred solution. Fusion wraps up all the low level of each device for us, so it is more important that we have a level playing field across all runtimes. Build once in Fusion across and work anywhere. Thanks for making this change, I was having some problems with older mfa files I was testing.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    There are also differences between the values returned by the accelerometers. If I'm not mistaken, iOS returns value between 0 and 1 (1 being the gravity of earth), and Android between 0 and 10 (the real gravity expressed in m/s2).
    As there are more iOS users,for a longer period of time, we are going to modify the Android runtime so that it matches exactly the iOS runtime. There might be some modifications to do in some Android applications.
    Hi Franšois, the exporter that change was the iOS, of Android remains the same as the version of MMF 2.0.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know. We need to :

- Correct the axis in the iOS runtime to make it work as it was in MMF2.0
    - Make the Android runtime similar to the iOS runtime

This way, an app will work the same whatever the device.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly and so any code works for all platforms, and we don't have to recode in each version.

Franšois thank you very much!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    I know. We need to :

- Correct the axis in the iOS runtime to make it work as it was in MMF2.0
    - Make the Android runtime similar to the iOS runtime

This way, an app will work the same whatever the device.
    Still the same problem in version 281.0.

Did not you give them time to update the iOS code?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast