User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Register product on Forum - steam key?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Register product on Forum - steam key?

Hi ,
    I have the steam Version of Fusion 2.5 and want to register it on the forum but where can i find the serial number of it? As far as I have seen it, there is no option to show the key like in other steam games/apps ? [Of course I purchased it 100% official with steam on 6.12.13]
    Hope im just to stupid to find the number ^_^

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are right you can't register your Steam version here.

This is not a major issue at the moment as in the new version of the forum registering your serial just allows you to get access to beta versions and installers which are not compatible with the Steam version. Steam has a separate system for betas and versions.

It also allows you to get flags for the product you own, I don't know yet how we'll do it for Steam users.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to join the forum from Clickteam. My copy was bought on Steam. The company should contact the Steam users to know who bought the program and add them to the Forum. I am Brazilian and Steam is the most practical way to buy in my country.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Owner's Lounge is only for stuff that is not relevant to Steam owners so getting access to that forum is not so important, but I think it'd be good to give Steam owners a badge. Indeed, it'd be ideal if they had a unique badge so that people giving advice know they are using the Steam version, e.g. because then they won't advise them to try a beta.

If Clickteam does not have access to steam keys to be able to verify ownership then one potential option might be for Clickteam to create a sub-forum on the CF 2.5 Steam Community Hub that is restricted to owners only (as per Arma 3). You could then have a system where either the user posts their Clickteam forum username on the Steam forums (which could potentially have privacy issues), or they post some sort of "identification code" which identifies them to Clickteam (e.g. a shared secret, something Clickteam told them to say, as in an automated code that Clickteam keep a record of and can use to link the user's Steam posting back to their Clickteam forum account).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for bringing up this old thread.
    As a person that also bought Fusion on Steam and just found out I can't register it here, I'd like to know if at least there's a way to remove the big red sign on the top of each page that suggests me to register and of course I still want to register my product here if it's somehow possible.
    By the way, as far as I know, many programs and games on Steam offer an option to show the serial to the user in a dialog box before you run the program and later on in Steam-overlay, maybe it's possible to do the same for Fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest CT to implement Steam Web API in this forum so Steam users can sign in with their Steam account and forum API will be able to verify ownership of the software by pulling data from their owned games/software lists. Plenty of Steam-enabled forums did this

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    With the way the forum stands, registering your product is not too big a deal for Steam users. There is no area they can't access that is of importance (bar open-topic), accessing the Owners Lounge(s) are for non-steam users to download Betas. Steam Betas are available through Steam... However, this is on the todo list.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Danny How about CT Bugbox? So Steam users can't report bugs?
    Also technical stuff aside, it might prevent Steam users to feel discriminated on the forum :p

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ran_TH
    @Danny How about CT Bugbox? So Steam users can't report bugs?
    Like I said, it's on the todo list, but unfortunately there is no easy/quick solution for this at the moment. Steam users are free to report bugs on the forum until this is sorted, that's not a problem.

Also technical stuff aside, it might prevent Steam users to feel discriminated on the forum :p
    Technically, I don't see any reason for discrimination on the forum use... there's no forum they can't access bar Open-Topic and Owners Lounges. Owners Lounges contain the 2.5 beta's that are not compatible with the Steam version of Fusion

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As a temporary measure Clickteam could just allow anyone who says they are a Steam customer to add a "Steam Fusion 2.5" badge to their account similar to the Fusion 2.5 badge. This would allow for Steam users to show that they have Fusion 2.5 steam version, which is useful for others to know when they are seeking technical support and would help them not feel like they are missing out on the recognition of ownership that comes with a badge. If we have a better system later, we can require people to prove they own a copy. Clickteam could also allow people to post on the bug box without having registered their product, or allow the 'self-certified' Steam users to post.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast