Thread: Export modules and upgrade paths from MMF2 to Fusion 2.5

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Export modules and upgrade paths from MMF2 to Fusion 2.5

Hello. Brand new user here.

I bought MMF2 when it was available through the Humble Bundle, and I've finally got myself some free time to have a play with it.

I have a couple of questions about the upgrade path. I am interested in developing software for Android and PC, but I don't have a great deal of money to play with for purchases...

How smooth is the change up from MMF2 to 2.5 with regard to the actual programming? Is it worth my spending time learning the systems under v2, or should I skip straight to the newer 2.5? This would mean delaying purchase of the Android module.

That said, if I purchase an exporter now and attach it to MMF2, and later upgrade to 2.5, will I be able to attach the exporter to that new version, or will I have to repurchase it?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has gone from the older to the newer version as to how easy they found the switch-over.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The switch over is painless. There's really not much new in terms of events or anything in Fusion 2.5. You have the physics stuff that is new, and you have a few new things like easily being able to find distance and angle. Also there is built in ForEach looping for objects.

But if you find yourself needing to stick with 2 for a while, it's totally fine. You can load your MMF2 projects directly into 2.5 with no problems... Just make sure you aren't using super outdated/unsupported extensions.

Not positive about the exporter stuff... I bought Android exporter way back when it came out, and it still lets me load up Android extensions in 2.5

I haven't actually tried to export out an Android build though. I'm going to assume the exporter from 2 will work with 2.5... or at least if they release a new version it will be free to anyone who already purchased the exporter for 2.

Though I'm only about 80% sure on that one.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current policy is that all exporters for 2.0 are transferable to 2.5.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I wanna load an MMF2 Project that is using ForEach into 2.5 - But I cant open it because its saying "ForEach.mfx" is missing - and i cant find it in the Download Manager.

may someone can point me, where i can download the 'old' for each? thanks!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent you a pm.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm