User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Create Folder

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do, I've been banging my head against this for three days now, my head is starting to hurt!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just one thing to ask, are you calling the 'Load' action from the events? Setting it from a property field in the frame editor may not work...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    Sorry, just to be overly careful and methodical, is this how its supposed to work?

1. I add the file under data elements - binary files as "D:\Google Drive\MMF\Runaway Robots\robotlevels.arr"
    2. I load the file in the array object by setting the filename to "D:\Google Drive\MMF\Runaway Robots\robotlevels.arr"
    3. I compile in Xcode and run on my iPad - the file should be loaded

If so, something else must be wrong because it's not working for me. Loading the file using only the filename "robotlevels.arr" does not work either. What am I doing wrong here?
    Don't think that works..
    Should be "Runaway Robots\robotlevels.arr"

When I have this

d:\my game\game.mfa
    d:\my game\levels\level 1.arr

I have d:\my game\levels\level1.arr" in the binary setup.
    But I call it with "levels\level1.arr"
    and works fine for me

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Perry - It will only work like this if your game (.MFA) files are relative to the directory. The simplest way to do it is, to have all the levels outside of your game directory, in a completely diff. folder and then just reference the entire filename, it saves confusion. This is why the guide was written, to save confusion on this topic.

Anders is now aware of this issue and corroborated that, this is how Fusion *should* work including the exporters as this is how the other exporters work. He will get around to taking a look at it further I'm sure...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Just one thing to ask, are you calling the 'Load' action from the events? Setting it from a property field in the frame editor may not work...
    Yes, im doing this from events, in the array object using the "load array from file" command.

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Don't think that works..
    Should be "Runaway Robots\robotlevels.arr"

When I have this

d:\my game\game.mfa
    d:\my game\levels\level 1.arr

I have d:\my game\levels\level1.arr" in the binary setup.
    But I call it with "levels\level1.arr"
    and works fine for me
    Ok, so for my setup I would place the levels in "D:\Google Drive\MMF\Runaway Robots\levels\"
    So the array file would be "D:\Google Drive\MMF\Runaway Robots\levels\robotlevels.arr"
    And the .mfa would be in "D:\Google Drive\MMF\Runaway Robots"
    And I would load with "levels\robotlevels.arr"?

If this is correct, its not working either... could there be something wrong with my specific setup?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird... That's working for me.
    Maybe you're not reading the array right into whatever you have ??

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes this is very strange.. I load the same array file when testing on my PC and it works fine so I dont think there's anything wrong with the file.. it just will not load when running on iOS..

Maybe this has something to do with the Box2D problem where certain paths in Xcode does not work when they have spaces in them? I have to put " quotes around the header search paths in Xcode in order for Box2D to compile, maybe the binary file paths are wrong as well?

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm that's really strange.
    IF you want you can pm me your code and I can test it, so you know if it's your project / Xcode or Ipad issue ?
    But I am not going to be home for another 90 minutes. So I will leave it up to you.
    I know when I compile, I need to select the "Final Xcode Project" the other ones won't work..

Edit: Dumn question (and I never tried this) but dan you rename the .arr files to anything else, or does it has to be name.arr and not name.dat
    maybe it's something internal with that as well ??
    otherwise, check your PM

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help, I've havent tested exporting using "Final Xcode Project", I always use "iOS Xcode Project" since they're supposed to be the same except that "iOS Xcode Project" exports all available extensions, in case you happen to add some later?

Maybe something is broken with this export function, will try the "Final" version instead!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast