User Tag List

Thread: Simple process exporting to IOS ?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple process exporting to IOS ?

Hi !!

Since the release of 2.5 I'm seriously thinking of buying this product, my questions is if there are any tut's on exporting to iOS and Android here that i can watch before buying the product ?
    And are there anywhere i can see the list of special components/object specific for iOS and Android ??

And a final question, are there a way to test the game/app on the device (iOS & Android) without having to build/compile it ?

Cheers !!! ...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Building and testing directly on an Android device is possible from Fusion 2.5.

Because of restrictions from Apple people are required to build and test iOS games on a Mac (with an optional device connected to it).
    You (mostly) only need to export an XCode project once and copy it to your mac and then just click the big "Play" button in XCode.
    It is that simple - even though copying the files to the mac is the most annoying part. XCode will then compile everything automatically and run the game either on the Simulator or on your Device (if you have enrolled into the iOS developers program on the Apple website).

We made the process a bit simpler and faster for you by offering an export option that *only* exports the master game data file (the .CCI file).
    In that file we store all the game logic, sounds, music, graphics and so on. Simply copy that over to your project folder on your mac - it's very easy to set up a shared folder between Windows and Mac.
    When that is done you just hit play again and it runs instantly. It doesn't need to recompile the project again as no actual code except the CCI file changed.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answer fellow Scandinavian
    Where can i find a list of ios & android specific extensions/components ?

Greetings !!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, if the Mac is connected via your local network to your PC, the process of building an iOS application (cci) on Fusion directly on the Mac through the network and running it on the Mac is much faster than hitting Build & Run for an Android application, where the build process takes a lot of time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the easiest way is to use Parallels to run Fusion 2.5 in Coherence Mode (meaning that F2.5 runs like any other app on Mac), then build the app to a folder on your computer that both Mac OS X and Windows have access to. For my Mac, I've just shared all of the folders in Parallels, which makes it easy. Then you can just open the project in Xcode once it's unzipped, or simply click Run within Xcode if you've only built a .cci file. Building the app and running it takes around 10 seconds doing it this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Francois, is there a tuturial somewhere for this ?
    @Game_Master, im actually also on Parallels on My Mac running Win 7. This is the best solution ?
    Cheers !!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is - it's the most efficient method that I've found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oki. Thank you for your answers !!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my mac mini on the home network (to me it was a pain to setup and still sometimes fails to connect) but once I load up an exported build on my mac I can leave everything open, re-export an iOS build of my game and unzip it on my pc, the files automatically update on my mac and I can just click build to test my game out.

Beats using a usb stick every time.