User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iAds

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to have this but any change this fix can be become part of a future update for the MMF exporter itself?
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks so much Christian, awesome!!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am experiencing one bug however, the ads don't start showing up on an iPhone 5s until the orientation is switched a few times (ie the phone is rotated around a bit).

Any ideas?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Christian! I've been seeing this problem as well. But when I try your code, I get an error that says: use of undeclared identifier "DEVICE_SIZE"

EDIT: My mistake, I didn't include the first part of your code. It works now. This is why I need Fusion, I know nil about coding. Thanks for the great code! Wonder what's causing lokanientertainment's 5s issue?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi lokanientertainment,

I've been offline for a while, so I have just checked my Messages. Unfortunately, I have no iPhone 5s to test with (only 4s). However, have you checked the iAds developer options in the iOS Settings app? Please check, if the ad frequency is set to 100%.

@all: Does anyone else experience this behaviour?

Cheers,

Christian

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Try to locate the positiodiAD method and search for the following line of code: 'if (app->hdr2Options&AH2OPT_IADBOTTOM)'. Now change the following block like this:

if (app->hdr2Options&AH2OPT_IADBOTTOM)
    {
    outPoint = CGPointMake(screen.width/4, screen.height/2+ad.height/2);
    inPoint = CGPointMake(screen.width/4, screen.height/2-ad.height/2);
    }
    else
    {
    outPoint = CGPointMake(screen.width/4, -ad.height/2);
    inPoint = CGPointMake(screen.width/4, ad.height/2);
    }

Now the iAds should be shown on the device. However, if you have the status bar enabled, it will be shown on top of the ad. You might want to place the ad a bit further down.
    This has fixed http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/1254 (to which I didn't receive any response in 2 months) and http://community.clickteam.com/threads/84228-iAd-test-ads-don-t-appear-on-device?p=616433#post616433 .

Thanks, Christian!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

I'm not sure if my app is being effected by the above or not, but my first app, SpiderFall, has just been released on the AppStore (For Free) and the iAds are not showing.

* I am still at this point using MMF2 Developer and the iOS exporter that comes with that (upgrading soon).
    * The ad placer showed in MMF2 testing and without fail when testing on the device as well (iPhone5). No problems.

* iTunes Connect has it enabled and when I look at how my iAd graphs are, the SpiderFall app is noted as receiving live ads.
    * The app is 4+ rating, but not marked as being made for children (I understand they have stopped ads for those).

* Now there are no Ads showing, but as of now I think I'm the only one to have downloaded it
    * When I turn the device, I can see a white blank box the approximate size of an ad underneath where is should be, that turns with the screen so it is directly underneath where the ad should be again.

So guys I'm not sure if I'm suffering of the above, if I need to do an update and if Clickteam has officially addressed this?

Kind Regards

Simon

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Simon,

As you got the placeholder ads (Apple test ads) working, I suppose that the issue described above by Christian, did NOT affect your case. I'm not sure, but I think that it's only happening in Fusion 2.5 and not MMF2. Looking at the Bugbox, it looks that this issue is now been identified and the fix is in the progress for some future version of Fusion. But I believe what you described might be a separate glitch.

It's interesting that you mentioned this "blank box underneath where the ad should be" problem, because I noticed the exact same thing when my app was published in the App Store. Initially I had the test ad visibility issue (see above), but after applying Christian's manual fix to the code in Xcode, I got the test ads working just fine both in Fusion and on iPad. But when I installed and launched the release version from App Store, there was no ads anywhere and all I could see was this blank box below the frame that became visibly when the device orientation was changed.

This blank box wasn't too alarming for me at first, due to the fact I'm based in Finland, which is not among those markets where iAds are supported i.e. I sort of expected already that I wouldn't see ads on device with release version.

But what is interesting is that you seem to be from the UK, where iAds certainly are supported, so you should definitely see some real ads appearing! This makes me think that the blank box issue might be some real bug. On the other hand, if you see actual iAd revenue in iTunes Connect, it's at least partly working for sure...

Perhaps Clickteam could comment on this blank box issue? Or you could open a ticket in the Bugbox (Bug Tracker, see the link in the upper right corner).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJK,

Thanks for the awesome response.

I'm not seeing any ad revenue registering but it's been under a day so that's probably not an indication yet.

Today I've had reports from iPhone and iPad uses that there are no ads appearing.

Please anyone from Clickteam or anyone chime in on this? I can open a ticket but one guy on here said his hadn't been answered in months? Just wondering if the Click(team) are really under it at the moment and not being able to assist or something like that? I will do so. EDIT - I have now raised this on a ticket

Cheers again for your time in replying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget all that they are workin' now!!

To be honest I think it was something to do with the fact that the iAd workbench has to separately access what ads are suitable for your app and perhaps that was all that was wrong. They are working just fine now. Might have just taken a day longer to work through that process.

I will destroy the ticket. I'm quite happy now, everything working on my first little App.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast