User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mega Man-Like Scrolling?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you controlling where the camera should stop following the player in a given stage? In my works, I've coded it so I could just place objects to where the camera should stop following the player. The way yours does, it looks like it's done within the code only.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not using the default platform movement, I'm using the extension. And yeah, I haven't updated from MMF2 to 2.5, I shamefully admit.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marv, feel free to add it to your archive!

N64 Mario, you define the screen scrolling 'regions' in the "X Regions" group. The region starts at 0 and you can add as many as you want. The left limit and right limit values determine how far the camera can move in relation to the player.. each time the screen shifts left or right, it adds or subtracts to the "region" counter, whenever the region counter is changed eg. from 1 to 2 it defines the new X left/right limits of the camera.. so it's fairly efficient, no need for big active objects etc.

Smedis2, were you able to open the file?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that's if you want to give a evenly precise amount of auto screen scrolling. My method does if I want 1 screen, then 2 screens, then 3 screens, then 5 screens until the next auto screen transition. From what I can tell in yours, you can only always have 2 or 3 screens in between the next screen transition scroll.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no.. each region can be as big as small as you like... even the example file clearly demonstrates that.

your method uses giant active objects with 50+ lines of code with loads of conditions each.. not efficient, especially if you want to make it work on a mobile device..

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was.
    I have to agree that it would be more efficient to have trigger lines, as it's less annoying to keep setting up events.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if I set the X region to some number, I can't actually see to determine where it will end up stopping. I'd have to guess each area where the scrolling would stop the camera, where I could just place exactly where I want to stop the camera.

I'm not saying there is a right or wrong way of doing this. I'm just saying the difficulties, & the pros & cons of each way it is coded.

Clicker

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to guess.. it's simple maths. 1 screen is 320 pixels wide.. so if you want 4 screens wide you make it 320*4-160 which would be 1120.

if you need something more visual.. simply make a bunch of 320x240 objects in the frame editor, position them around the level and take note of their X position in the object properties.. easy.

Anyway, if it's still too hard.. at least the logic is there - you could modify this to react to "trigger lines" instead of values.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Marv, feel free to add it to your archive!
    I shall DaveC. I still have about 90 MMF and CTF files to put on the site.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave thanks for example!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3