Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi-score object in HTML5 not working

Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Hi-score object in HTML5 not working

I've searched the forum but didn┤t find any post about this problem neither any note in the HTML5 exporter help documentation:

I'm testing hi-score object in HTML5 games. So I am making a test game with only this object and a few functionality to test it.

It works ok on localhost but when I upload and try the game on my online server the game stops working when I call the frame where the hi-score object is.

I already tryed uploading both development and final HTML versions but neither work.

Could someone help me on this, please? Thanks inn advance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem, it worked on the local server but not on the remote server.
    I had to change the permissions in the folder where the game is located to 777

I think by default server all folders are set to 755.

Change it the permissions to 777 in the folder where the game is located.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Sparckman.

I tried your suggestion but still doesn't work :-(

Meanwhile, I experimented the online usage of a .ini file and the app can write to it even with 644 permissions.

What I think is this: The hi-score object is trying to use the cncscore.ini file in my appdata folder which, seems to me, is not allowed. When I choose another ini file in the hi-score setup it still tries to create the file on my computer :-(
    How can I "tell" the hi-score object to use a .ini file on the same folder of the application?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The hiscore object saves the data on the machine of the user, not on the server. It is not a multiplayer-online hiscore system.
    But it should work.
    Can you post a bug report in the bug box? With a demo mfa (as the problem might come from the name of the ini you use)
    What browser are you using?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you want to develop an online hi-score system I posted a tutorial here:

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/84503-A-Guide-to-saving-high-scores-online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparckman:
    Thank you.

Jeff:
    In fact I already saw it. But that is far more than what I want / need for now. Thank you for the info anyway.

Francois:
    Thank you. Based on what you said, I┤going to experiment more. In fact, I now have a working version (didn't figured the difference yet but it's working), but only in Chrome.

Chrome:
    Localhost: OK
    Online: OK

FireFox:
    Localhost: Ok
    Online: Stops working when I try to see hi-scores.

Internet Explorer: Never works :-)

So, I┤ll keep experimenting and will post anything worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after experimenting for a while I concluded this:

I only get the hi-score object working on the online server when I define a .ini file for it and create a file with that name in the same folder where I uploaded the app.
    This is true for Chrome and Firefox. (IE is not working at all with my apps).

But the hi-score object uses a .ini file in the user's computer (a different one for each browser, it seams). So, the .ini file on the server only has to be there in order to get the hi-score object not crashing the app the first time it runs. For some reason, it seems that, without the file there, the hi-score object cannot create the .ini file on my computer. After the first run on each browser, I can delete the file from the server and the hi-score keeps working.

In then conclude that the hi-score object is useless for HTML5 games and am prepared to take Jeff's suggestion. However, that solution will be quite hard to learn and implement for people like me, so I think it would be great to have a hi-score object that could use a .ini file on the server to keep data.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The hi-score object does not look for any file on the server where the application is located. It is just not programmed. So it must be a coincidence that you think a ini file is necessary on the server.
    To actually save data on a server, you need some specific php code on the server to receive the data (and this is understandable, otherwise anyone could be able to write to a server and fill-up its hard-drives).
    The problem of on-line leaderboards will be solved when we publish clay.io objects : it will be very easy to have online hi-scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Francois.

I understand it, but, in fact, that was the only way I found to get the thing working.

Now I am halfway trying Jeff's tutorial. I have already done everything and the script is working but not the app. Trying to figure why now.

Glad to ear about that clay.io objects. That seems to be really good news

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast