User Tag List

Thread: Simple Enemy Create Mechanics.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Simple Enemy Create Mechanics.

Dear All,

This has me stumped, I've tried variables, random numbers, all sorts, here is my problem.

I would like an object to appear at a random location off the screen and head roughly towards the player, it doesn't have to be exactly at the player.

I can't seem to get it to happen for me, I can get it to randomly appear using random numbers (my screen size if 1024 by 768), but I would like it to appear off the screen and head in a direction into the screen, rather than a random direction heading away from the player, as that defeats the purpose or creating that object.

I was thinking of having a random number (droplocation), 1 thu 4, ie. 1 is top of play area, 2 is right of play area, 3 is bottom of play area, 4 if left of play area, then a random number 1 to 1024, and 1 to 768, then if the first number (droplocation) is 1, then I use the x random, but fix the y as -50 (for example) and I can set the direction to the lower half of the 'directional options'...... This to me seems far too much work for such an apparant simple task?

Can anybody point me in the right direction.
    Regards
    Paul.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, see attached example.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Vaxx

after I posted my question, I sort of hashed somat together, based on my original ideas that i'd scribbled down up above, and then you come along and proved I was doing it right... still thought, thank you as every time I see someone elses way of going about something I learn something new..