User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: To WINE user on OSX

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah my error, february indeed,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've moved onto Unity now anyways, but it'd still be handy to not have to boot up Windows to edit my older stuff. I've paid for Parallels for that purpose now though.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had no problems installing and using F2.5 and MMF2 in Crossover for years now. Aside from a few UI issues in MMF2 anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What wine options did you use?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed .NET 3.5 SP1 and DirectX 9. Tried going into the frame editor and it crashed...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion 2.5 works really well on Wine, but crashes are bound to be caused by incompatible (usually Windows-specific) objects and extensions.

The WineHQ database entry for Fusion 2.5: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=29933 (rated as platinum as it mostly works flawlessly)

Some solutions to crashes I've picked up:
    • Direct3D in the frame editor (and Direct3D produced apps) has graphical issues -- Using the "Standard" display mode solves this. I'm hoping the release of the Mac exporter, as it's based on Wine, might help address this in later builds.
    • DirectShow doesn't work -- never figured this one out -- whether the DirectX9 or WMP9 library is installed or not... videos won't play under this.
    • Some random extensions crash -- File-Folder by Sphaix and .NET being one of them(installing .NET or Mono library might prevent that, not too sure..)
    • Rich text boxes will need the libraries riched20 and/or riched30 to properly display. (one less crash)

While I'm typing, I might as well point out the differences for others still deciding which one:

- Wine/Crossover translates the Windows API to one your host understands... whether it's Linux, Mac or other Unix-based... this improves over new versions which is good news.
    - Virtual desktop solutions just means clogging your RAM with Windows, can be costly for a license, but get the full use of the Windows' API... which is due to the nature of Fusion being heavily based on Windows.
    - Of course, there's dual booting -- stuck with one or the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i'm using WineSkin for my Mac to make it into an app and it works fairly well now.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thr
    When did they say that? The said it would be done in february in this thread...
    It's not nice to mis-quote...

this will be released within February if we can get all of the kinks ironed out
    Releasing a product early with kinks, bugs or annoyances would just get peoples backs up even more. Rest assured this is being provisioned right now and shouldn't be too far away.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It's not nice to mis-quote...
    I would recommend you wait, this will be released within February if we can get all of the kinks ironed out, it is very close.
    Not nice to forget to quote some important parts either

Releasing a product early with kinks, bugs or annoyances would just get peoples backs up even more. Rest assured this is being provisioned right now and shouldn't be too far away.
    Yeah, sure, that's not a good solution either, but this is going very slow... Any updates?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4