User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winodws Phone 8

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The XNA / Windows Phone exporter is by far the less popular exporter of our range. We are hesitant to invest a lot of time in it... We are a bit puzzled here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the worst news i've ever eard... I've bought the DEV edition of MMF2 only because of the XNA exporter features (that i can't use because the exporter is odd, and the exclusives features don't works on WP8), then i bought F2.5 Dev thinking that XNA will be improved and you say that it will mostly be abandonned...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi clickers and clickteam! I hope clickteam upgrade XNA Exporter to Clickteam Fusion 2.5 functions such as for each and phisics, and at we will have IAP function for this!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if Clickteam updated the XNA Exporter to utilize something like XNA (such as MonoGame, which is essentially an open, cross-platform interpretation of XNA), the exporter would become a lot more popular due to the added versatility.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True : it is only by adding more platforms and features to the XNA runtime that I can gain popularity. Monogame could be the solution, but there might be some licencing issues (we create an app that creates games : double license)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The big issue really is that windows phones are growing in popularity and are becoming a viable platform to release products on. In terms of popularity... yeah sometimes business decisions have to come first when a company is small, but it is much easier to lose customers if a platform doesn't cover the main products that are out there... I would say that Windows is one of those products, so I am hoping in the future that True Win8 is supported.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is a graphic that give the ratio beetween all the OS for smartphone :
    http://www.zdnet.fr/actualites/chiff...s-39790245.htm
    yes, windows grow but it is 5 times smaller than ios... ios is 5 times smaller than android !
    If you sell the sell... android and ios take 75% of the selling game. winphone have 3% with a decrease percentage compared to 2013 ( more than 700000 sell decrease ! compared to android : +25 millions of sell beetween 2013...).
    I don't think windows phone will take a good part of the market. But maybe, with more chepeast phone, it will be more easier to have a good part of the market. But actually, windowsphone are too expensive.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah it doesn't really work like that though in reality. Just because a platform is bigger (i.e Android is bigger than iOS)... that doesn't necessarily equate to which you will make more money on as a developer and thats what we are here for right.

It's difficult to find information (various things on the internet with different dates)... but there are many things to take into account:

1. Store Eco system.
    2. How easy it is to pirate the games.
    3. The average selling price of games.
    4. The ease of being found.
    5. The ease of purchasing.
    6. The range of devices you have to support (android might have lots of devices but that is also problematic)
    7. The type of user base - i.e Vita is a great system for indies because 60% of all purchases are digital and they are more likely to buy)

So yes bigger user base is great as a starting point, but actually its how that user base is made up of and what type of user. No good having a user base of 10 million users if they are all business users and you are making games for that user base (rubbish example of something like blackberry 10 years ago buy hopefully you see my point).

I see Windows being the next Vita in some respects, its a smaller market, but because of that the number of apps being release on a daily/weekly basis is smaller, so there is more chance of being found and making money. I expect with MS's purchase of Nokia, that sales of windows 8 mobile will get bigger... it may never get even close to android and iOS, but it doesn't need to be to be a successful platform for developers.

Check this article out.
    http://www.developereconomics.com/de...oid-shoot-out/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurh View Post
    here is a graphic that give the ratio beetween all the OS for smartphone :
    I don't think windows phone will take a good part of the market. But maybe, with more chepeast phone, it will be more easier to have a good part of the market. But actually, windowsphone are too expensive.
    They are *Very* cheap. The cheapest handset (which I purchased for testing MMF on) was £79. Which by Apple standards is very cheap and that was pay as you go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The XNA runtime already works on Fusion 2.5, but only with MMF2.0 feature list.
    I agree, that this information should be more visible on the front page of the web-site, as you actually believe that the whole Fusion 2.5 works on XNA, which is wrong.
    Should we invest in doing the conversion? It is a two-month man work, so it is a lot for us, for little return. But it is also a sale argument, that might influence people's decision to use our tool instead of another one. Argh decisions. But be sure that is one of our main concern, and we will take a decision soon.

I'll publish an update of the XNA F2.5-with-MMF2.0-features-only runtime soon with bugs corrected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast