User Tag List

Thread: Limit how many events can happen per condition?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limit how many events can happen per condition?

I was wondering if there is any limit as to how many events can occur per one condition? The reason I'm asking is because I was doing some copy/paste events on different objects. When I got to a certain number of events pasted, the software just "suddenly crashed" without warning. Though I had saved my work before I did any more. But I hadn't realized if you copy/paste too many per condition it would stop working?

I didn't really count how many events it was, but it I can say the events per one object were 15. I copied, and pasted 15 events to more objects. I think I got around 8 or 9 objects pasted with 15 code lines before it crashed. So...... 8 x 15, so it must have been around 120 events per one condition. If that helps say anything.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, the limit is 127 actions per event. As a workaround you can either use multiple events (possibly by making the initial event run a loop) or use qualifiers to make one action be applied to multiple objects (so that you do not need more than 127 actions).

You should have gotten the error message "Too many actions : the number of actions per event is limited to 127. Duplicate the conditions and continue with actions on the new line..."

However, it seems that if you copy and paste actions (rather than creating the action from scratch) it does not properly check to see if it goes over the limit. When it goes over the limit Fusion 2.5 gets really buggy and either starts randomly forgetting actions if you are in the event editor or crashes if you are in the action editor.

Thank you for the detailed explanation for what was happening before Fusion 2.5 crashed. I will post it to the bugbox if it is not there already. It seems as if the problem was mentioned by Alpha back in 2009, but that was before the bugbox and was not linked to crashing.

Edit: Noted this thread on the existing relevant bug report at http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/984
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. And yes, I separated my events as additional conditions. Probably for the best anyway.

Also, if interested, the 15 conditions were using color replace to change a palette of a characters sprite that consisted of 15 shades.