User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Android SDK manager issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android SDK manager issue

Hey guys

I'm having a weird issue (I think). I'm trying to open the Android SDK Manager, and I can't.

I have it installed properly and have been making apk files through Fusion and the Android exporter and successfully testing them on my phone. When I originally installed the SDK, I even installed all the add-ons. I haven't used it since.

Now I'm trying to set up AdMob, and it's telling me I need to install the AdMob SDK through the Android SDK Manager.

When I go into "Start > Programs > Android SDK Tools > SDK Manager", I get a little CMD box pop up, then it disappears, and then nothing. I tried it as administrator and just normally, nothing. I looked in the tray, and I can't see an icon anyway, and when I go to Task Manager and look at the processes and applications, I can't see a sign of it running anywhere.

I am completely stumped. Any idea's? All I can think of is uninstalling and re-installing it, but I really don't want to do that if it means re-installing all the packages again. Maybe there's a simple solution I'm missing...

Also, using Win 7 64 bit and Java SDK 6.45 (or whatever the last 6update build was).

And, as far as I know, I need to open the SDK manager to install the SDK for AdMob - unless I don't need to do that, in which case, awesome! Because I want to put ad's on my new, free game, about to be released.

Thanks
    Simflare

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully for you, you don't need to download the Admob SDK in order to use Admob with fusion!
    I'd try restarting and running as administrator right off the bat.
    I have problems with the SDK manager and a couple of other programs if i dont run as administrator.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply!

Can I test if the ads are working without the SDK installed? And will I have to device test for the ads, or should I be able to see them in the Virtual Machine inside Fusion?

And so you're saying, if I just set up an AdMob account, I should be able to just put the AdMob ID in and then publish?

Yeah I'll try restarting and running as administrator again, but I did try that before and it didn't work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep exactly.
    All you need to do is setup the admob account, get the Admob ID, put it into Fusion and Build & Run (Yes you need a device to see the ads work, they wont display in fusion).
    Also make sure you have Ads enabled in the android properties AND ads enabled in the frame properties in order for them to display.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot! That's very helpful

Do I need to use the AdMob object for it to work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to use the Admob object, only if you want to control the ads. If you're happy with how they're done by default, all you need to do is enable Admob in the applications android properties and enter the app ID there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok, very helpful, thank you so much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries, let me know how it goes or if you have any problems!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will. It seems to be going absolutely peachy!

The only thing I've noticed is that the ad seems to take a few seconds to appear, which affects how I order the timing of some of the events, but otherwise it's working incredibly well Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh i think it depends on your connection, and the size of the ad im guessing? eg. a simple text ad would load quicker then maybe an animated picture ad. I'm not 100% sure if that's the reasoning just a guess!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast